• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MLB in full swing and heading down the stretch - any other Baseball fans out there ?

Been cheering on the Cardinals since the tender age of 10; the summer of '68, collecting Brock, Cepeda, and mcCarver bubblegum cards as well as Hot Wheels redlines and running the wheels of of my Schwinn Apple Crate. Go Cards! NLCS game 3

Go Cards !! Me too :)

Another wicked pitchers duel. Sox up 2-1 in the series. Solo shot in the 7th by Mike Napoli. Sox win game 3 1-0 in a nail bitter

Another wicked pitchers duel. Sox up 2-1 in the series. Solo shot in the 7th by Mike Napoli. Sox win game 3 1-0 in a nail bitter

Damn, I missed it too.... working on my retaining wall

Been cheering on the Cardinals since the tender age of 10; the summer of '68, collecting Brock, Cepeda, and mcCarver bubblegum cards as well as Hot Wheels redlines and running the wheels of of my Schwinn Apple Crate. Go Cards! NLCS game 3

I remember cheering back in 1968 for the Tigers . . . hey, didn't the Tiger's win the pennant that year ? ? ( if I remember correctly )

Go Tigers . . . we need the win today . . .

rematch!

Congrats to the Tigers and their fans on a great season and an excellent series. Tigers have the best starting pitching in the "Bigs". In the end the bullpen wasn't up to the task but the Red Sox offense is a tough group to go against.

Two best teams in MLB go at it for the World Series. Both Cards and Sox were 97-65 for the best records in their respective divisions.
Should be a good series !

Congratulations Red Sox fans and commiserations to you Tigers loyalists. Great series by both teams.

I'm looking forward to the Cardinals 19th World Series !

Congratulations Red Sox fans and commiserations to you Tigers loyalists. Great series by both teams.

I'm looking forward to the Cardinals 19th World Series !

Tallhair - was looking for a re-match like 1968, but it was not meant to be. Guess I'll have to pull for Cards now ? ? ?

rematch!

Congrats to the Tigers and their fans on a great season and an excellent series. Tigers have the best starting pitching in the "Bigs". In the end the bullpen wasn't up to the task but the Red Sox offense is a tough group to go against.
Two best teams in MLB go at it for the World Series. Both Cards and Sox were 97-65 for the best records in their respective divisions.
Should be a good series !

That was the nicest "gloating", I think I've ever seen...LOL...

Tallhair - was looking for a re-match like 1968, but it was not meant to be. Guess I'll have to pull for Cards now ? ? ?

Well the Cards will just have to try and make it back to the series next year and maybe you can have your wish :)

Last edited:
World's youngest Red Sox fan.

I-Really-Hope-Thats-Not-A-Fake-Beard.jpg

Good luck Boston fans! Hope it's a great series full of fun for both sides.

GO CARDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a fan of either team really, I couldn't really give a rats arse who wins... Cards looked really bad last night, I hope they get their act together... I really hate one sided games or slaughters/blowouts, especially in championships... I was tuning out last night, couldn't hardly stay awake, snoozer...LOL... I watched other stuff & just occasionally checked in, from time to time, until the top of the 9th... No bats on the Cards or what ??... Is Red Sox bats that much better ?? {it sure was last night}... Is it just the Cards pitching ??... I don't really know either of these teams...

That was like another team Budnicks. That is the worst game I've seen the cards play in years. Hope they do MUCH better tonight but more than the bad play the thing that's the biggest downer is Beltran's injury. Hopefully he'll be back in on Saturday or Sunday.

That was like another team Budnicks. That is the worst game I've seen the cards play in years. Hope they do MUCH better tonight but more than the bad play the thing that's the biggest downer is Beltran's injury. Hopefully he'll be back in on Saturday or Sunday.

All Tied it up now 1-1, now they go to St. Louis... IMHFO that was a much better ballgame last night :headbang: than the 1st game was, regardless of who won... like I said "I hate one sided games" or blowouts of any kind... It might be a decent series after-all... Any guesses/predictions on whether it will go to a full 7 games or not ??

All Tied it up now 1-1, now they go to St. Louis... IMHFO that was a much better ballgame last night :headbang: than the 1st game was, regardless of who won... like I said "I hate one sided games" or blowouts of any kind... It might be a decent series after-all... Any guesses/predictions on whether it will go to a full 7 games or not ??

I'm gonna say St Louis in 7 games.

Damn that game wore me out last night. It certainly proves the two best teams made it to the WS this year. This is already, and will likely continue to be a very tough series.

I really hope the Craigen is able to continue to contribute.

Card fan here, I hate to win like they did last night, but it's so much better than having lost like that! My brother went to the game last night from North Carolina with his son, cost them $2k for game tickets. He said standing rooom only was $500 each. Sounds like Mopar parts to me!!

Auto Transport Service
Back