• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mobile Dyno on hand... here are a few combos we are gonna put to the test Oct 19th

I've got a chart on my phone to go from 1/8 to 1/4, and two different ways to calculate. All three say... high 12.40s-very low 12.50s.

I'm not disagreeing or saying you are wrong. I'm just saying what i found. Nhra uses divide by .64, the one that i found to be most accurate is 1/8 + .22÷.655 ( the constant .22 can be adjusted to fit actual results). My chart says7.95-12.40, 8.00-12.48 . The chart may simply be nhra calculations. 7.98÷.64= 12.46875 , 7.98+.22=8.2÷.655=12.519. The second formula can be adjusted for cars that dont particularly leave well, but charge hard on the other end, or for cars that really workbut don't have lots of top end.
(Nhra: 6.40= 10.00, 6.39=9.99, lots more safety stuff, and a license.)

Either way , op has a nice running 383.

I use x 1.57 or divide by 1.57 for most cars, I just happened to use Wallace on this one,, & 1.57 comes out close to the #s you have, making a full pass is the only way

Before I put the car in the track I put it on the mobile dyno, the first one I started from 2500rpm it flashed the converter pretty good so the torque number might be alittle misleading on the first pull but, the car was solid in the day. Happy with the power my 383 put down and the 1/8 mile pass of 7.98@86 mph is about all I was after... overall happy with how my Super Bee is running

1FA56A4F-A9D2-412E-AD2A-6B088EEE090E.jpeg

Here is alittle video from it all, my brothers ‘69 Coronet had trouble and couldn’t get on the dyno.

Before I put the car in the track I put it on the mobile dyno, the first one I started from 2500rpm it flashed the converter pretty good so the torque number might be alittle misleading on the first pull but, the car was solid in the day. Happy with the power my 383 put down and the 1/8 mile pass of 7.98@86 mph is about all I was after... overall happy with how my Super Bee is running

View attachment 853642
Strong 383s are impressive. Screamers that don't quit. Always believed a 383 could make as much power as a 440 just at 1000 rpms higher. About 60 lbs lighter and IMO a stronger assembly a well prepped 383 can be a sh$t stompin bad a$$ of a motor. They just flat run. Nice work Austin. Rock the small big block. Yeah...mopars

We are getting prepared to get these cars together again in Rockingham, NC April 18th for "Mopars at the Rock". Looks like 3 of the 4 B-bodies should be there, we are all sprawled out Alabama/Florida/South Carolina/ & Virginia. Each car has had a few changes but nothing too wild mostly, gear/converter, carb/intake changes. Expecting improvements for each of us, atleast hopeful. We won't have the cars all in the same venue again 'till the 2nd Annual #MoparVsBrandXstreetcarShowdown 10/10/2020 back in Alabama @JakeS Dragstrip.
I hope to see some of you at the races! We got our butts kicked by the Pontiac crowd last year and we hope to bridge that divide some this year and Mopars @ the Rock should give us a chance to do some real good R&D/tuning on our setups.

super bee motor.jpg

Its the last minute thrash to do this again 10/10/2020. My Super Bee, the Satellite, and GTX are all players and have been massaged over the year. Sadly my brothers Coronet R/T will have to sit this one out (block cracked above starter) But the rest of us will Dyno, Weigh, and Race! I know my car has picked up some and will be running 3.91s this time out, the Satellite has had some improvements and should speed up, and the GTX has had the heads freshened ups so should improve on its 408hp and 7.63 time in the 1/8th. Looking to have a good turn out and if you are in driving distance to Alabama.... come on down!

flyer MvsBX.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back