• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Model Cars

I bought a reintroduced 1959 Imperial kit recently. I was dismayed to find that it was a straight re-release of the original 1959 tool. While the body itself was a fantastic molding, there was no underhood or chassis detail. Once I removed the cowl and inner fenders from the a spare Chrysler 300 kit, I found that they fit the Imperial with little trimming after I cut the Imperial hood out. I had a spare 1957 Chrysler 300 kit, and figured the frame and floor pan would be similar. I actually had to lengthen both to accommodate wheelbase difference between the two real cars. Research showed that the Imperial used a 2-piece driveshaft and a 4 muffler exhaust system. 1959 was also the first year that the Imperial used a 413 instead of the 392 Hemi in the '57 kit. The Imperial interior tub had to be trimmed to fit the 300 floor pan.

P6180166.JPG P6180171.JPG P7080185.JPG P7080187.JPG P7080188.JPG P7080192.JPG P9090049.JPG P9090052.JPG P9090053.JPG P9090050.JPG

I'd like to make a Sox & Martin Baccaruda model. The closest thing is probably a Hurst Hemi Under Glass that I'd have to modify. There are some resin '66 Barracuda bodies out there, too, but they're pricey compared to a Hemi Under Glass complete kit. I found pics of this one a guy made himself out of resin. Turned out great.

View attachment 1070345

I bought one of these recently - pretty cool. I haven't put it together yet.
View attachment 1070360
I recently built this kit and it is a little fiddly. I had quite a time getting the interior to fit,and had to trim away the outside bosses at the top of the door panels to get them to go in. To do it over again, I would not use the extended height front spindles or rear suspension spacers. They put the car up quite high. There is a lot of masking to do if you build the bronze version. I used Testors 1831MCA Fiery Orange rattle can for paint. I used this same colour to build a model of a buddy's Satellite. You have to paint window frame and door post detail on side window inserts. Not the best, but looks OK from a distance. Too bad that Moebius did not mold this detail into body instead.

GEDC0846.JPG GEDC0844.JPG P1210027.JPG

For some reason the link is blocked at work.

If it's the 74 RR model (also was the "Daisy Duke" model)

I have one waiting along with a really nice 71 R/T donor.

The 74 for some reason has the underhood detail from the 63-65 B body tooling.

One of these days.....

For some reason the link is blocked at work.

If it's the 74 RR model (also was the "Daisy Duke" model)

I have one waiting along with a really nice 71 R/T donor.

The 74 for some reason has the underhood detail from the 63-65 B body tooling.

One of these days.....
Yes it's the 74 Roadrunner

I have, although not much the past couple years ( actually none )
But once I retire I plan to get back to them. as I have maybe 400 plus between built and builders and unbuilts

These just scratch the surface of what I have done. And Yes, I mostly build vintage drag cars

View attachment 1069692 View attachment 1069693 View attachment 1069694 View attachment 1069695 View attachment 1069696 View attachment 1069697 View attachment 1069698 View attachment 1069699 View attachment 1069700 View attachment 1069701

Holy Cow!

Here's the youtube history of MPC-

...and rounding out my top three favorite makers, AMT-

Here's the youtube history of MPC-

Thanks for the MPC history. I found a MPC built 1965 Coronet kit at a local toy show a few years ago. It was a total "glue bomb", and I had to disassemble it and strip paint off. The cracked windshield was replaced with a spare Johan '64 Dodge piece and the missing rear bumper was sourced from a Lindberg 1964 Dodge. This was a $10.00 purchase and is now the "Honker" model in a previous post.

The 65 Coronet was reissued as a pre-built model about 10-15 years ago and I still see them.

I bought a black one and the build quality is very good.

Some extremely nice & detailed models here guys :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This one made me think of a few others.....
1:24 Scale Jack Stands [Red] [Set of 4] | eBay

View attachment 1070584

All those Jack-stand Racers. :lol:
:rofl: #1

I use to do a lot of models when I lived in Alaska
a good way to spend time on the long winter nights
& when I was much younger, as a child

I do have some diecasts now, started some 25-30 years ago
someday I may even display them.
I only have a couple of them out by my desk
PITA to dust :cursin:, so I need to build a display case
:luvplace:

The 65 Coronet was reissued as a pre-built model about 10-15 years ago and I still see them.

I bought a black one and the build quality is very good.
That kit is different than the MPC piece. It was also released as a prepainted almost snap together kit. It is a nice kit that you can build with a Max Wedge, which was never offered in 1965, however. I used this kit to build my '65 Ramchargers AFX model seen in another post. It was also available as a convertible with option of "up" top.

To old to build anymore.
1998 I sold 800 models and 15 promos got $11,000.
Some shots of my current set up.
I need one more built ( I have the kit)...........want a 64 Savoy built like my real SS clone, can anyone help?
Happy to pay but not $11K LOL

IMG_1332.JPG IMG_1333.JPG IMG_1334.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back