• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Model Cars

Model of my 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop. Canadian model with Sport Package bucket seats and console. As another poster said, it is hard to replicate a 4-door car. On mine, the roof on the donor 1964 2-door hardtop model is totally different than the 4-door. I had to graft on a top from the 1963 Fury hardtop kit and replicate the side trim.

1964 Dodge.jpg 1964 Dodge 1.jpg P1200020.JPG P1200017.JPG

Pictures of my 1967 R/T model and 1/18 die cast. I had to do an engine swap on the die cast,as it came with a Hemi. I also added Torque Thrusts and red lines.

P4300120.JPG P1200021.JPG P1200023.JPG P1200002.JPG P1200004.JPG

Here is a model of a 1969 SuperBee I bought new. My car was not an A-12, but a 383, automatic SuperBee. I acquired a real Six Pack hood for it and ran that. Since my car was originally a Ram Air car, it had the large oval orange air cleaner. Viewed through the air scoop, it was enough to scare the Ford and GM guys away as being the real thing.

P1200024.JPG P1200026.JPG P1200025.JPG

I still have hundreds of old model cars I built as a kid boxed up in storage and dozens of new sealed unopened kits still waiting to get built someday.

I used Tamaya panel line accent to detail it.
I mostly use the black, but I have the brown and grey for mimicking dirt and oil stains.
It looks very authentic. I am working on a 1:16 Petty 73 Charger and am trying to detail the carb.

Have any of you put together a complete 1966 Coronet model?
I know there are very few options out there ( if any )
And what was your process, How did you go about getting the parts? Modified other kits? I'd like to put together a 1966 Coronet 440 2dr HT Hemi build for a model of my car.
Thanks, JK

There is a resin 66 Coronet 2D sedan kit but it is pricey and not 100% detail wise.

That's it.

My plan was to use the 67 R/T kit and swap on the resin 66 grill and deck lid/tail panel.

You should have seen me using filler and sanding the 66 Charger body rear wheel wells to look like Coronet openings before that 67 R/T kit came out.

Maddening.

Repairing rust or dents in that area in 1:1 scale is very difficult.

1/25 was.........maddening.

Seen on a few model car forums and Facebook pages.

1968 Coronet RT vert. Due later this year.
With a hardtop version due next year maybe .

Screenshot_20220525-062806_Chrome.jpg

I was at Hobby Lobby over the week end, all model car kits were 40 % off

Is that resin, or will it be plastic? I heard that Moebius is working on 1965 Coronet.
All plastic

Ive read its supposed to be a reasonable replica of the original mpc kit.
With some minor upgrades
Being done by round2

Auto Transport Service
Back