• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Molded upper Radiator hose

Gpuller

Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
Want to replace the upper flex one size fits most radiator hose.
Also going to replace the thermostat housing because its pitted and not sealing.
Thermostat housing that I will be using has a straight up outlet. Which molded hose am I going to need with a 26" radiator?
Ordered a Gates 20226 today and it's wrong. Am I using a combo of straight up outlet and 26" rad that never left the factory?
Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks!
Reed

What make, model, year, engine size? which side is inlet on rad.?

Want to replace the upper flex one size fits most radiator hose.
Also going to replace the thermostat housing because its pitted and not sealing.
Thermostat housing that I will be using has a straight up outlet. Which molded hose am I going to need with a 26" radiator?
Ordered a Gates 20226 today and it's wrong. Am I using a combo of straight up outlet and 26" rad that never left the factory?
Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks!
Reed

Check on Rock Auto, they have photos of the hoses and you can figure out which one you need.

call one of the vendors on this site... they'll supply the correct hose. (by the way, I've HATED generic flex hoses for 40 years... reminds me of the cheapskates cars I had to fix just to save a buck)

'66 Charger, 440 with 26" radiator.
Looked on Rock Auto, most on there look like the wrong I have already and dont want to put another flex hose on.
I got a Gates 20875 that looks like it might work.
No chrome water necks here. Got a OE one that is in good shape.

I went down to a local independent auto parts store and went through his assortment of molded rad hoses until I found one that was the right shape and size. I don't like flex hoses either.

Reed,

I bought mine for my 67 at NAPA, they had the correct upper hose, setup same as yours, stock 26 inch radiator.....

Mark

The Gates 20875 will work, have to cut down on the radiator end.

some pictures of the 20226 it looks like just what I need, some pics it looks totally wrong :thinker:

I was going to make a form w/ a coat hanger and browse the hose wall at my local parts store...

I've got them upper molded hose blues too. '73 RR, 440, no a/c, 26" radiator (of unknown heritage) with inlet on driver's side. The car had a flex hose when I bought it.

I was going to make a form w/ a coat hanger and browse the hose wall at my local parts store...

and

I went down to a local independent auto parts store and went through his assortment of molded rad hoses until I found one that was the right shape and size. I don't like flex hoses either.

Been there, done that multiple times at multiple parts stores with multiple coat hangers too ha ha ha ha. This monstrosity is the best I could find so far.

hose01.jpg

'66 Charger, 440 with 26" radiator. Looked on Rock Auto, most on there look like the wrong I have already and dont want to put another flex hose on. I got a Gates 20875 that looks like it might work.

and

The Gates 20875 will work, have to cut down on the radiator end.

Does it look like that 20875 might fit mine too? I seriously need help. It's embarassing to open my hood.

Look at the one on Rock Auto for a 68 Charger with a 383 2 bbl.

I wasn't satisfied with the 20875 hose and found the OE Mopar part number and crossed it to a Gates 20630. Fits like a glove.

Sorry kb73rr, my inlet on the rad is on the passenger side. The 20875 would only fit right hand inlets.

Auto Transport Service
Back