• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Swap Radiator Hose

Thackdaddy

Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
I did a swap in my 1972 Satellite from a 318 to a 440 and looking for radiator hose part numbers. It was a 318 car with AC and I am reusing that 26" radiator. The lower hose is passenger's side discharge, the upper is driver's side.

6.24.23.jpg

Most 440 trucks after 1970 had upper driver side inlets. So here is a list to check out.

Gates Radiator Hose - Upper
Part Number: 1754-09059833
Brand: Gates
Notes: Molded Coolant Hose -- With Standard Cooling; Radiator spout on driver side.; CUT TO FIT

Gates Radiator Hose - Upper
Part Number: 1754-09059798
Brand: Gates
Notes: Molded Coolant Hose -- CUT TO FIT

I did a swap in my 1972 Satellite from a 318 to a 440 and looking for radiator hose part numbers. It was a 318 car with AC and I am reusing that 26" radiator. The lower hose is passenger's side discharge, the upper is driver's side.

View attachment 1484698
As a side bar, you should run a ground wire from one of the ignition box's mounting screw to one of the voltage regulator's mounting screws to a manifold mounting bolt, near the back of the engine. A #12 AWG, stranded copper wire. This would insure that both devices are properly connected to the engine (ground)....the freshly painted firewall produces a poor ground connection......just my opinion of course....
BOB RENTON

After much trial and error and returned parts the answer to my question is:
Upper is Gates 20370
Lower is Continental C70438

Auto Transport Service
Back