• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MONOCOQUE WHEELS

72redbird

Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Was just reading about some of the wheels on here and was wondering if anyone else is running a set of Monocoque wheels? I remember seeing them back in the 70's and 80's but not since. I have a set on my race car, and its the only set I've ever actually seen. I remember backin the day they ran an ad in National Dragster but that has been a long while ago.
IMAG0229.jpg
IMAG0698.jpg
IMAG0699.jpg

Any two-piece wheel that's spun and rivetted or bolted together can be considered monocoque. I see that's the brand name of yours and I remember them well. I think Cragar and Centerline pretty much killed the brand with lower prices and mass production.

I have a pair of 15x3 for the front of my Dart.
There is a good read about Moncoque wheels online.
0281DB63-37BE-47CD-81ED-1C50724B31FD.png

I wonder if Bogart continued to make them for awhile? I remember their ad in National Dragster said they where the lightest wheels in the industry. Mine are stamped not street legal on the inside. I will look for that online article, thank you.

I'm pretty sure the concept of the spun wheel was Bill Jenkins idea. Till then everyone was running Cragars, Ansens or Keystones.

Auto Transport Service
Back