• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moog or precision chassis Help

Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
Which one is better or does it matter? I already have the precision from O'Reilly's and a lifetime warranty. Do I need to get the Moog instead, or does it really matter? What's the difference?

Well, most of the junk from China will fit loosely....especially the upper ball joints. Years ago I got a set of Moog front end parts and the boots rotted off just sitting on the car in my shop and they did that within about a year. They actually gave me replacements and they've been good for over 10 years.

They are both meat --- the difference is what you have is dog food and MOOG is the STEAK..... you do the math....

moog quality has really gone the toilet in the last decade or so.
What hasn't!? It's like there's somebody telling the manufacturers to make poor quality products for our old stuff.

^^^ Depends on the item ^^^
The products made in Saint Louis , Missouri are still unmatched # 1 on Planet Earth today....
The items made in China and Turkey have suffered in quality....
And the items --- more so for newer cars --- that they are outsourcing, are clearly inferior.....

I check all the boxes on the parts I buy and if it says China on it, I refuse to buy unless I can't find that particular part anywhere else.

I have good experiences with Proforged parts.
MOOG has become very poor in quality over the last few years.

You do know where pro forged is from ??? Don’t you ???

Suffice it to say, that you get a FREE egg roll with each purchase……

Proforged = Holley
And yes, I think they produce in China and Mexico like MOOG.
But in my opinion the quality is better than MOOG.

Auto Transport Service
Back