• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sourcing parts steering/chassis rebuild

SatNightSpecial

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
alright!

I introduced myself (and my car) last week and have a question I haven't found a good answer for in my search(es) thus far. Everything under the car is original, which I love. But everything rubber is wore plum out, which I do not love. I have to get the brakes fixed up (which I have a NOS parts guy for that has a grip of B-Bodies of the same vintage as my car... $$$$$$$$$).
But I am finding it hard to source parts for the steering and chassis that aren't imported junk. I don't HAVE to have American made if it doesn't exist, but I will pay double or more if I can get it...

My question is- what are y'all using for ball joints/rubber/bushings etc and where to buy. I have the main summit warehouse about 15 minutes away- but I don't want to buy a $18 ball joint if possible. Unless that's the best there is out there. Is MOOG still the best of a bad lot?

"the bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory"

I have the best Quality *** 98 % U.S.A. made *** complete Front End components --- but it may be out of your budget .....
( you are complaining about $ 18.00 ( for an admittedly Chineseum Ball Joint )

P.M. me, as per forum rules, if interested.....

^^^ Possibly ?!?! ^^^
He does also state he will pay double or more for quality --- I just re - read it ....
I will be happy to go over the prices with him , and he can get what he wants, and not get what he doesn't want....

yeahhhhh... I am trying to AVOID buying $18 ball joints made of the rusted fender I scrapped last year. The brake parts i'm getting came off dealer shelves in the late '60s and they aint making any more of THOSE! Every box is proudly stamped "USA."

Okay SatNightSpecial,
I might be your guy then --- I *** CAN *** give you *** U.S.A. made parts *** with pricing that you find
Acceptable....
Have a Merry Christmas --- and we can go over everything after this extended weekend...
Craig....

Just for reference, see my other thread.

Good looking out Padam! I will be checking! I did hunt down a bunch of USA made parts locally- hopefully that helps. The UCA bushings were the only import I couldn't find a Domestic made part.

Good looking out Padam! I will be checking! I did hunt down a bunch of USA made parts locally- hopefully that helps. The UCA bushings were the only import I couldn't find a Domestic made part.
Check with craig mobileparts

Auto Transport Service
Back