• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moog part numbers for 71-72 front end rebuild

tommyg29

Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
I want to go through my front end and make it drive like new oem again. Anyone know all the parts I will need, or a link to a thread.
Also, I have never rebuilt an entire front end myself before. Obviously I could run into some issues and end up needing more than just rebuild rubber, so any advice about handling the control arms and what special tools I might need.
Thanks. RR front end.jpg

Last edited:
upper ball joint K772
lower ball joint rt K781
lower ball joint lt K783
idler arm K041
control arm bushing kit
lower K408
upper ?
tie rod ends
drivers side inside ES401L
drivers side outer ES401R
passenger side inside ES401L
passenger side outer ES401R

Not sure the tie rod end numbers are MOG but what i have on file. You will all so need an upper ball joint socket (maybe able to rent it from O Rilleys or Auto Zone), large pickle fork,lower ball joint remover, press, big hammer, pry bars and maybe liquid wrench. Patients and alot of luck.

just what I was looking for
Thanks

Just checked Summit and it looks like close to $250 for the parts!

Last edited:
$250 will not buy you MOOG -- that is going to be all off-shore front end.....
And you will NOT be getting a PITMAN ARM in MOOG no matter how much you want it....
If you want all MOOG & the PITMAN ARM USA MADE --- you can call me --
Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935 ... New York ----- all IN STOCK........

The $250 number was only for most of the parts 3B listed above.
This is the list of parts I had for my 71 cuda and I think they are similar, but I know not all the parts are needed. Regardless, while Im in there, I guess the smart thing is to replace it all. But, maybe I can do it all except the idler and pitman arms for now? They can easily be replaced at any time and I think mine are relatively new.
The offset upper bushings at the bottom are available for a little more caster. Supposedly better setup for those with modern radial tires?

MOOG K7041 Idler Arm
MOOG K7076 Pitman Arm

MOOG K781 Ball Joint right
MOOG K783 Ball Joint left
MOOG K772 Ball Joint
MOOG K5255 Stabilizer Bar Link
MOOG K408 Control Arm Bushing Kit

MOOG K791 Control Arm Bushing lower
MOOG K7016A Strut Rod Bushing Kit
MOOG K5241 Stabilizer Bar Bushing Kit

MOOG K8243A Cam Bolt Kit
MOOG K3180 Control Arm Bumper