• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar 440 Cams

I have had good luck with MP cams. But the solid flat tappet in my 63 is a custom grind from Dwayne Porter. Ron

How fast are you going? Street type setup or mostly track? With a mostly track car, I'd go with a custom grind but with something mild, well, I've had nothing but poor customer service from Comp from morons on the phone to shipping the wrong parts. In the mid 80's I ran an Isky .660 lift roller with 320 advertised duration in a 440.....I liked it a lot.

Back in the day...

Attachments

• 63 Corvette race car #4.jpg
    63 Corvette race car #4.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 346
Mr. Horsepower should be on there. Clay Smith makes great custom grinds. my brother had one in his 440 dart and that was one nasty motor. One of the quickest street cars I've ever been in.

damn, thats a stunner!
i thought some australians bought them or some remnants,.....? they've got some street profiles i liked to try but i think it ain't easy or cheap to buy from them anymore.

I am w/383man on the MP cams. I always did very well with them and car was deadly consistent but am real impressed w/the Comp Cams extreme energy can in my current combo.

I do appreciate everybody's input on cam companies but one company I refused to use and will never recommend is bullet cams now I'm a catch some slack for this I really don't care after contacting them and talking to Tim three separate occasions and I was informed that he would send over the information on my cam lift a recommendation and other things I have yet to see one email not even a courtesy call back and I've called three separate times and I have sent three separate emails now it's going on one month almost exactly to when I first talked to him on the phone so bullet cams then go screw yourself they'll never get any business from me and I will always recommend somebody use someone different than them

I have had good luck with MP cams in the past but currently running a Comp cam. With the Comp I have run a best of 10.43 at 124mph. I like it.

I have had good luck with MP cams in the past but currently running a Comp cam. With the Comp I have run a best of 10.43 at 124mph. I like it.

Yes sir that's what I'm running right now is the Mopar Performance 312/590 I am just getting ideas for my stroker motor I am building and I wanted to go with a little healthier cam so I've been checking around and for the most part I've had a pretty good response but like I said the one that I had problems with and I'll say it again is bullet cams I hear people brag on them but their customer service is a 0 in my opinion

Don't know about now a days but Crane cams were manufactured based on a Chevy diameter lifter like most other big name off the shelf cams. Mopar lifters have a larger diameter and can take advantage of longer duration cams where the others could not.....

Crane did {at-least use to}custom grinds too,
all cams I got from them were custom grinds, GM, Ford or Mopar

Now I did get a hold of isky cams and they will custom grind me one but I have to pay for the master to

if your looking for something custom you may try Cam King/mike jones. he's over on yellowbullet.com a bunch. other than him i'd call dwayne porter at porter racing heads, 1-802-951-1955. i don't think crane is what it used to be and i hate to say it but don't think they want our business.

Like I said I did get a hold of Isky cams.. they were very polite and helpful I also contacted Howard cams and they are looking into seeing what they can do for me I I've had some pretty good help from three different cam companies including comp cams..

Back in the Day it was General Kinetics for me BUT they've gone the way of the
PASSENGER PIGEON! Back to the drawing board!

I had some good luck with Lunati or Norris even Racer Brown
too in years gone past,
{not even sure Racer Brown or Norris is even still around}
Earson was a big deal for a time too, not that I fall for fads ever...LOL
I haven't used any other than Crane in a long time now...

Auto Transport Service
Back