• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar 440 Cams

Tim Goolsby at Bullet Cams. He's a holdover from Ultradyne, and knows his stuff. He spent a long time on the phone with me going over my combo. Most of the other companies just wanted my card number..

Bullet does have a nice selection of Mopar lifter diameter grinds. The guy I talked to on the phone seemed knowledgeable about BB Mopars. FAR better than the Comp phone bank. With Comp you need to get to the "back room guys".

I have run MP, Isky,Comp,Ultradyne,Mike Jones. Most of my builds have been hi hp, 700 to 926 hp. For a well behaved, great midrange power i ran an Isky rr735 with a 1.55 rocker. It made 847 hp with 528 cubes, Indy ported 440-1 heads. King of the hill for power so far is an Inverse flank roller cam spec'd by Mike Jones in a 550 cube 15/1 compression alky injected motor. Made 926 hp with the vacuum pump not pulling more than 2 to 3 inch vacuum.
With cams like Jones .868 lift 284/296/114 if cam require the best in valvetrain parts. Power costs money, how fast do you want to go?
In my opionion and experience cubic inchs rule. If you want 650 hp, stock block, IMHO a lowdeck 400 stroked to 512 is a good start. All the rest can be somewhat low key, longer life parts.

Crower has a big roller cam in stock and on sale if your still shopping? Reasonable too.
Screenshot_20220327-190151_Chrome.jpg

Edit: sorry wrong thread.

Last edited:
Yellow, that looks like one REALLY big cam that would need the BEST valve train to go with it, and a big motor with the heads to match.

]
Yellow, that looks like one REALLY big cam that would need the BEST valve train to go with it, and a big motor with the heads to match.
I believe I put this in the wrong thread. :rolleyes: Someone was looking for a big roller cam ([email protected]) and they were back ordered...?? You are absolutely right on VERY costly parts to run that cam. It's cheap enough though, it may be possible to have it reground with a smaller base circle?

Last edited:
Most likely a 102 to 99 ICL to boot. A long rod motor would make it worse.

Auto Transport Service
Back