• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Action Oct 2021 article re: swapping b body sway bar links with those from a recent Pford pickup for improved handling.

Soooo, Did anyone try it? Notice a difference?
Looks like it eliminates the bushings completely.

2F5BL4NQMU5SVMUBPAALR2XGGI.jpg

UVOTRY5XWRCT4ALTUYSND6D5XY.jpg

No idea if they will fit.
The problem with addco kits is the attaching hardware is very weak. To use these links you would need something better than the small piece of angle iron those kits had. If you make your own front control arm brackets you could probably make these work.

The problem with addco kits is the attaching hardware is very weak.
The attaching hardware does nothing but support the bar from falling. Under load all the force is upwards. You could literally use zipties.

The attaching hardware does nothing but support the bar from falling. Under load all the force is upwards. You could literally use zipties.
If you say so....every one I ever installed broke the angle iron they supplied to attach to the control arm,or rear spring u-bolt. The center support brackets were also half as thick as factory. The brackets do way more then support the bar.

Couldn't you get the same effect using poly bushings?
The point of these replacement units is that they swivel without compressing. There is no lost motion due to the compressing of bushings. Urethane is a lot harder than rubber but will still compress and deform. Awhile back I disassembled the front suspension in my car and found that the sway bar bushings were loose and distorted.
THIS upgrade makes sense to me.

The point of these replacement units is that they swivel without compressing. There is no lost motion due to the compressing of bushings. Urethane is a lot harder than rubber but will still compress and deform. Awhile back I disassembled the front suspension in my car and found that the sway bar bushings were loose and distorted.
THIS upgrade makes sense to me.
I wonder if I can find a copy of this article online.

Now installed on my Road Runner ... is there a difference? Initial thoughts in limited testing are definitely yes. I perceive more stability at highway speeds (or greater than) + being able to take tight off ramps at higher speeds then previous. I have yet to really to test any real curvy roads as they are so few around my local area.

Your mileage may vary of course depending on your suspension; those with upgraded suspension (Borgeson, tubular control arms, hotchkiss, firm feel, pst parts etc.) it may not make an appreciable difference. For those of us saddled with
stock type suspensions, for now, I would say a worthwhile upgrade for $45 cdn.

I'll keep everybody in the loop as I collect more driving time.

Jack

Now installed on my Road Runner ... is there a difference? Initial thoughts in limited testing are definitely yes. I perceive more stability at highway speeds (or greater than) + being able to take tight off ramps at higher speeds then previous. I have yet to really to test any real curvy roads as they are so few around my local area.

Your mileage may vary of course depending on your suspension; those with upgraded suspension (Borgeson, tubular control arms, hotchkiss, firm feel, pst parts etc.) it may not make an appreciable difference. For those of us saddled with

Jack
Another note to add... my sway bar bushings are in less than desirable condition; replacement of the sway bar links as describes may change the characteristics for even better.

Jack
I think I'm gonna buy a pair and install between heats at the autocross. Next one is Aug 7 but don't know if I can make that one yet.

Does Ford parts make your car go faster? Apparently Chevy parts do with all of these chin spoilers I’m seeing on these old Mopars.

A quick update ... after almost 2 weeks, still very pleased with the upgrade to these sway bar links even though I have yet to address the sway bushing replacement. No negative issues noted to date.

Anyone have dimensions on the Ford part? My car has an aftermarket sway bar - want to compare with what’s on it. Thanks

1000 miles report- no issues whatsoever with the links. Enjoying the additional handling stability

An update on this conversion- results are still all positive. 2500 miles in.

Auto Transport Service
Back