• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Alley Car Show, Cupertino, CA, June 10th (Saturday) at DeAnza College

Feel free. I’m looking for a phone number.

I have a phone number. I’ll pm it to you. Give it a call to check on the pictures.

I only got one. Here it is. Please ignore my ugly mug.

Mopar Alley 2023.JPG

I do understand, Dennis.
At our show in Sacramento, we have had some snags but never to the level that they had at the last Mopar Alley show. Many of our classics do run great but do so while barely avoiding overheating.
Your idea to expedite the registration process is a good one.
The following is NOT any attempt to excuse the shitshow, just a possible explanation:
As car clubs lose members, they lose the very people that they need to do jobs to support the club's functions.
We always struggle to get members to step up and work an event. Nobody gets paid to do it. Most of our members are "seasoned" and their energy and drive are not what they used to be 15-20 years ago. I've been one of the few that move fast, take on multiple tasks and work from open to close on show day. Most of our members are nice people. We do try hard to make our show run smooth. Our show proceeds fund our expenses for the entire year. With the money, we pay taxes, rent for our meeting places, replacement of equipment for the show and for bar b ques and other club functions.

I can only guess that other clubs are the same way. The show profits keep the club afloat.
Maybe.....maybe they had some fatal computer problem and scrambled to find a fix. Smart people make backup plans for that sort of thing. Maybe they didn't think of that.
Maybe they were short handed and had nobody to call in for help.
What if a club member in a crucial position was late getting to the show?
I don't know if they announced over the loudspeaker any sort of apology or explanation but they should have.

I do understand, Dennis.
At our show in Sacramento, we have had some snags but never to the level that they had at the last Mopar Alley show. Many of our classics do run great but do so while barely avoiding overheating.
Your idea to expedite the registration process is a good one.
The following is NOT any attempt to excuse the shitshow, just a possible explanation:
As car clubs lose members, they lose the very people that they need to do jobs to support the club's functions.
We always struggle to get members to step up and work an event. Nobody gets paid to do it. Most of our members are "seasoned" and their energy and drive are not what they used to be 15-20 years ago. I've been one of the few that move fast, take on multiple tasks and work from open to close on show day. Most of our members are nice people. We do try hard to make our show run smooth. Our show proceeds fund our expenses for the entire year. With the money, we pay taxes, rent for our meeting places, replacement of equipment for the show and for bar b ques and other club functions.

I can only guess that other clubs are the same way. The show profits keep the club afloat.
Maybe.....maybe they had some fatal computer problem and scrambled to find a fix. Smart people make backup plans for that sort of thing. Maybe they didn't think of that.
Maybe they were short handed and had nobody to call in for help.
What if a club member in a crucial position was late getting to the show?
I don't know if they announced over the loudspeaker any sort of apology or explanation but they should have.
The clusterf*** was 100% due to the pictures being taken at the entry to the show. There was no computer glitch. The club does almost everything with snail mail and checks.

The thing is, I had to bug them for my one picture that turned out to be terrible.

My Belvedere runs totally fine in traffic, but waiting in line, it started to not want to idle because the fuel was boiling in the carb.

If the don’t do things differently next year, I won’t be entering my car.

Our club started the "picture thing" too.
There was a long, straight section leading into the park where the photographer would set up. It didn't slow down the process for us and people really seemed to like getting a FREE picture. It cracked me up how they'd go to the booth later and stand in line for a picture that ANYONE could have taken. There was nothing exceptional about the pictures taken. They could have been posed in the same spot on any other day but somehow, they had to have the one taken that day.

Dennis....I'll check on the address for you.

Auto Transport Service
Back