• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Alley Car Show, Cupertino, CA, June 10th (Saturday) at DeAnza College

Glad to head the show is getting an upgrade, but I appreciate the great work of the volunteers the most.

I will have a swap spot now for sure. Just scored two truck load of speed parts, so I need to make garage space again.

If you critics want to improve the show, step up and volunteer.

If you critics want to improve the show, step up and volunteer.
DeAnza, huh? Spent a month there one night..hahah!
I won't be able to make it, but in the spirit of helping any local-ish MOPAR shows I will suggest an official theme song for this one--

Man, what a missed opportunity.
I had it all planned....I had the truck and trailer filled with parts to sell. I had the parts tagged with prices, I had stuff that usually sells quickly and I hoped to do well. One year, I made $2850. I'm not a vendor, just a guy that stashed away some garden variety parts for mid level A and B body cars. I have some early A body parts that I have priced C H E A P, I mean far below garage sale prices, just to move it along.
Last night, I just couldn't get to and stay asleep.

1 angry.jpg

I had to be up by 4:45 at the latest to make it the 145 miles to the show at a decent time. By around 2:00, I realized that I wasn't going to get nearly enough sleep. I don't use meth so I reset the alarm and slept in, then drove to the show as a spectator.
I got to see some friends and some great cars but man...I could have made a nice chunk of cash!

Man, what a missed opportunity.
I had it all planned....I had the truck and trailer filled with parts to sell. I had the parts tagged with prices, I had stuff that usually sells quickly and I hoped to do well. One year, I made $2850. I'm not a vendor, just a guy that stashed away some garden variety parts for mid level A and B body cars. I have some early A body parts that I have priced C H E A P, I mean far below garage sale prices, just to move it along.
Last night, I just couldn't get to and stay asleep.

View attachment 1477830

I had to be up by 4:45 at the latest to make it the 145 miles to the show at a decent time. By around 2:00, I realized that I wasn't going to get nearly enough sleep. I don't use meth so I reset the alarm and slept in, then drove to the show as a spectator.
I got to see some friends and some great cars but man...I could have made a nice chunk of cash!
Dammit! Oh well. Extra money for thinning out the shop stash is a great thing, but I'd bet you probably had a much more enjoyable day.

As a Mopar Alley Member, I want to apologize to non member attendees who had to endure a one to two hour wait to enter the Show on arrival. THIS WAS INEXCUSABLE. Lots of Mopars travelled a long distance with much planning, time, and risk to get there. To sit in an entry line several blocks long for 1-2 hours is ridiculous. Beautiful cars from Sacramento, Dixon, East Bay, Salinas etc. Look at a map. Not an easy ride on Freeways, even on a Saturday morning. This is not a reflection on volunteers who were courteous and absorbed a lot of heat. I was not a volunteer, and did not help with planning. I have a ton of excuses, out of town etc. The Show itself was pretty well run once inside. People bringing cars a long (or short) distance just want to get safely parked and relax.

NOT SIT IN A LINE OF CARS FOR UP TO 2 GODDAM HOURS. SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. I’m embarrassed and ashamed as a member.

Anyone involved in planning, this is what I recommend. IF on Show day you realize something is really screwed up, just step up and fix it on the spot. Tell your volunteers to throw the clip boards in the tumble weed and wave ALL ARRIVING CARS into the parking area. Get them parked and happy. Then send volunteers from car to car to complete the registration. No one at the car? Leave a flyer directing them to the tent. If they don’t want to play or play dumb, just thank them for coming and eat the loss.

FAEE34B0-49AB-4738-A913-DDFCEFD7D63B.jpeg

Last edited:
As a Mopar Alley Member, I want to apologize to non member attendees who had to endure a one to two hour wait to entert the Show on arrival. THIS WAS INEXCUSABLE. To sit in an entry line several blocks long for 1-2 hours is ridiculous.

NOT SIT IN A LINE OF CARS FOR UP TO 2 GODDAM HOURS. SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. I’m embarrassed and ashamed as a member.

It's a sad commentary that you have to make an apology for managements ineptitude to get things right from the start! I see nothing's changed in the 20 years since I last attended.

Kern, sorry you missed the show. I was awake since Thursday and had not loaded anything up due to a messed up couple days prior. At 8am, I got out to my truck, loaded whatever I hated in m garage and ended up there at the show at 9am. I figured everyone will hit the swap meet several times anyway and just sat there taking naps when I could. Sold all the heavy stuff not worth shipping. Money was changing hands there and now I have made enough to have an engine built for one of my car. You’re back at Havana park this year? Your probably make good coin there and not have to far to travel.

As for the show part, OOOOFF!
I heard a lot from the club members and I guess the new guys might have had some hiccups getting things right for their first time. I’ve been with the club since 1991 and used to be on the meetings and nobody has ever asked for a 2nd opinion from me, so I guess they have a ‘learning experience’ moment for next year.

I was there but I didn't roll in until around noon. I had to sleep more before getting behind the wheel. I've driven sleepy before and it is not good.
Have you ever driven several miles while sleepy and forgotten what towns that you have gone through?
That is not very comforting.
I've heard from a few that complained about the lines getting into the show "field". I've been a member of the Capital City Mopars in Sacramento since Summer 2003 and I too have seen all sorts of hiccups, mistakes and delays with our own show. It happens. Unpaid volunteers will just quit and walk away if you ride them too hard.
We try to learn from our mistakes to avoid repeating them. We had no show in 2020, the show was moved to an Elks lodge in 21 and 22. We are bringing the show back to Hagen Park this year.
I wear many hats within the club but dammit...this year I am going to have a swap space. I have stuff I'll never need that is too good to throw out.

Good to throw out stuff before wife throws you out!
Glad you were able to make it. I was so tired, I don’t remember most of my 5 hours there. I do know I shook enough hands to get calluses! My leg and side were done by the time I got home, so the next show I go to probably just sit back and relax and enjoy the people/cars.

I’m wondering if anyone from the club can tell me when I will get the picture of my car? We all waited in line for a long time due to the photos being taken at the entry to the show, so I’m hoping we all will get them soon. Thanks!

I’m wondering if anyone from the club can tell me when I will get the picture of my car? We all waited in line for a long time due to the photos being taken at the entry to the show, so I’m hoping we all will get them soon. Thanks!
VP says in the next seven days. Also recommends checking facebook. I’ll keep on it and let you know if there is an update. Thanks for coming to the Show.

I was talking with Dennis last night when they came down for a visit/dinner/show hang out. Sounds like there were some major issues with how it was done and hopefully there will be learning from this on what not to do. Interaction with some of the other clubs who put on smooth running shows would be a major benefit to glean information from for next year. Otherwise putting on more will not go well in the future.

Auto Transport Service
Back