• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars At the Red Barn 2019

moparnation74

Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
This was my first time to this show. Which was located at the Gilmore Museum in Kalamazoo, MI.....Long story short I will definitely go back next year. They had a turnout of over 400 Mopar's, over 50 vendors/parts dealers. The cars that showed up were amazing and was such a balanced variety. This show has a lot of potential to grow into a 2 day or even more in the future......

When you wanted to cool down all one had to do was to go into the museum. Or head to the other out buildings and check some others makes in the AC. While there in the main part you had the cleanest restrooms on the planet and a gift shop for the ladies and a small eatery. They had several food trucks and their own drive up cafe outside...

It was also nice to meet a couple members at the show and spend some time with the fellas and talk about Mopar's... @Don selleck and @plowman

https://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org

Of course I have to start the pics with yours truly:D

IMG_1245.jpg
IMG_1244.jpg
IMG_1249.jpg
IMG_1250.jpg
IMG_1251.jpg
IMG_1252.jpg
IMG_1253.jpg
IMG_1254.jpg
IMG_1246.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting up the great pictures Justin:thumbsup:. We couldn't make it due to other commitments, but will try again next year. The setting is beautiful and with all the auto related buildings it is a great place to visit. I will bet that it was nice to see your GTX again up close and personal. I have been hanging out mostly on FEBO but do get over here now and then.

Thanks for posting up the great pictures Justin:thumbsup:. We couldn't make it due to other commitments, but will try again next year. The setting is beautiful and with all the auto related buildings it is a great place to visit. I will bet that it was nice to see your GTX again up close and personal. I have been hanging out mostly on FEBO but do get over here now and then.
Well my friend you will have to rectify that next year!.......My suggestion is to attend the show one day and plan for a second day to take more in...There is so much there that it is near impossible to get it all in a weekend.

It was nice to see the X, I never thought I would have separation anxiety over a car but I surely did....We bonded well for lost times, lol....

As you can see I enjoy the E bodies as well and had to show some of the beauties that were there....There were many more there......Great to see you around these parts again!

Thanks for sharing those pictures Justin. :thumbsup:
certainly looks like it was a great turnout with high quality cars. Nice to see your 'X as well. :)

Wanted to go to this show but just got home from a 10 day car trip/vacation to Carlisle and the Rapid Transit Tour. Definitely penciled in for next year. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Thanks for the pics my friend, nice to see your x again and looks like a great car show :thumbsup: glad you enjoy it, and time is coming for you to have your dad's car again.

certainly looks like it was a great turnout with high quality cars. Nice to see your 'X as well. :)
We here in California have a few Mopar only shows, the biggest being in Van Nuys in the Spring. That show gets around 400 cars on Saturday, sometimes more. Out here that is a big deal. I've been to the show almost every year since 2001.
Now I feel like a big fish in a small pond. Recently, I've heard of shows back east that get almost no mention yet they are as big or bigger than our "Spring Fling".
This makes me even more anxious at the thought of moving away from here. For all of the media hype about the California car culture, we are like a Jr Varsity team compared to the Eastern states.

We here in California have a few Mopar only shows, the biggest being in Van Nuys in the Spring. That show gets around 400 cars on Saturday, sometimes more. Out here that is a big deal. I've been to the show almost every year since 2001.
That's the one I went to in 1988.

upload_2019-7-28_17-52-55.png

That was a real deal Concept Charger according to the owner. I nearly bought a 440-auto B5 Superbird there....was only about 5k short. :rolleyes:

Nice talking to you again, your car get so much love there. I can attest by that. Thanks for sharing picture and your car. I bought some road wheels that I don’t need just liked the date code that no one can see when tires are mounted.why do I do that??.

Did you see my 4 dr sed, white 1965 Coronet 440? I drove it just over 100 miles and averaged 18.3 MPG driving 60-75 MPH.
Mike

IMG_1802.JPG

Last edited:
Great pictures. I'll take that silver Charger, even if it is a '69.
I talked to that owner for awhile....He bought that car from the second owner a few years ago. He purchased it as you see it and just had to do minor things to the car. The previous owner restored the car in 1988 and so it had that older restoration incorrect things done to it and that's what he corrected. The car came from Canada and he had to drive like 10 hours and catch a ferry for 14 hours to get it. Which was the key reason why so many people passed on the car. He said the owner explained the car beautifully and honestly....The original owner supposedly lived in West Virginia and the charger was around 5k new, kinda odd....

They did your pet peeve on the paint job in relation to the corners but that was 1988 so you know how that goes....

It was a wonderful turnout and I saw many cars that I personally like......It was great to see a lot of nicely done A bodies.....

Thanks for the pics my friend, nice to see your x again and looks like a great car show :thumbsup: glad you enjoy it, and time is coming for you to have your dad's car again.
Max we would have loved to seen you there, maybe next year?

Thanks for the compliments....

Nice talking to you again, your car get so much love there. I can attest by that. Thanks for sharing picture and your car. I bought some road wheels that I don’t need just liked the date code that no one can see when tires are mounted.why do I do that??.
Gary...likewise and a true pleasure seeing the bee...The X is in great company!

Good score on the wheels!

Wanted to go to this show but just got home from a 10 day car trip/vacation to Carlisle and the Rapid Transit Tour. Definitely penciled in for next year. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Thanks my friend and maybe we will see you next year.....

Auto Transport Service
Back