• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars at the Red Barn

plowman

Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
WHEN:
July 30, 2016 @ 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
WHERE:
Gilmore Car Museum
6865 W Hickory Rd
Hickory Corners, MI 49060
USA
COST:
Spectator Admission: $12.00/person, children 11 and under free
West Michigan Mopar Club
269-664-5595
Email
Mopars-at-the-Red-Barns-300x200.jpg

The 28th annual MOPARS at the Red Barns Show and Swap Meet will be sure to please as West Michigan’s largest all-Chrysler products car show, featuring over 350 muscle cars, plus antiques and special interest vehicles!

For those on the show field, there will be a chance for 84 trophies in 28 classes, covering virtually ALL MOPARS! Plus, special awards will also be given for Best of Show, Class of 1966 in honor of the Gilmore Car Museum’s 50th Anniversary, Best Club Participation, Longest Distance, Dodge Charger & Street Hemi 50th Anniversary, and Aspen/Volare 40th Anniversary. The car show will also include a large swap meet, food vendors, a beverage tent, and live music! For more information please contact the West Michigan Mopar Club at [email protected].

Exhibitor Admission: $20.00 per vehicle w/2 persons

24/7 Information Line: 269-664-5595

Your email doesn't work. We plan on attending but will be trailering the car from across the state. Is there an area in the vicinity to leave a trailer and tow vehicle?

Your email doesn't work. We plan on attending but will be trailering the car from across the state. Is there an area in the vicinity to leave a trailer and tow vehicle?
Yes, there is on the grounds. They will direct you to the place to park your tow & trailer. [email protected]

I would try to get there early. If you never been there it will be a long day. What are you bringing? Just register when you get there.

We've got a 66 belvedere II. Looking very forward to it. We met a few other mopar fans in St. Ignace last weekend and they all plan on going to it as well, said it was a great show.

There will be a lot of nice mopars there. The following week is the Red barn spectacular which is the biggest show there. They will have 1000 cars plus old boats and trailers and a huge swap meet. On a nice day they will have 350 plus mopars at the mopar show. Mine car will be there the next two years on loan to,Gilmore the 70 super bee. What color is your 66.

Like · Reply · 32 mins

Holy cow! On loan to a museum! That's awesome! Must be one fine piece... Ours isn't anything that nice, just with the motor mods and distance across the state it would be a lot to ask if the ol' girl. Might just have to check out the spectacular as well

Looking for something I can pound on now.The bee is a,stock concours gold car. It is not a car to drive so I would like to have one that I can. Gilmore's is the largest car museum in North America. Plan on exhausting yourself. Great place.

Holy cow! On loan to a museum! That's awesome! Must be one fine piece... Ours isn't anything that nice, just with the motor mods and distance across the state it would be a lot to ask if the ol' girl. Might just have to check out the spectacular as well
If you go to the Spectacular you will go down to the second gate and will park in a different place than the mopar show.

The mopar show you will enter the first gate and go till it dead ends and make a quick right then a quick left.there should be other trailers parked so you will get the idea. The Spectacular is a lot larger that is why you have to go to the second gate and park in a totally diffent place. Both shows will be well worth the travel. Gilmore's is the largest car museum in North America.

Last edited:
look forward to seeing your Bee on display. Sounds and looks like an amazing car. Congrats.

I'll have the hood up. I told Gilmore when the hood is up then I'am on the grounds. I will be spending a little bit of time around the car early

I usually hit the Mopar show but will be missing it this year to go to the Bologna festival in Yale MI, $#@-&*%#@.
Anyway I plan on making it to the Red barn spectacular next week, never been to that one.
Have a good time guys.

I usually hit the Mopar show but will be missing it this year to go to the Bologna festival in Yale MI, $#@-&*%#@.
Anyway I plan on making it to the Red barn spectacular next week, never been to that one.
Have a good time guys.
That is the biggest show they have there each year. I will go to both.

It is in the performance years display in th main building

3hours to get there [2 in the rain]. Rained/cold all day. Cleared up for the last hour of the show, and I had a inside dually tire come apart on the way home....so we limped it the last 100 miles, at a reasonable speed. That'll be my last car thing, till after my upcoming shoulder surgery/rehab on Tuesday. Not the best of days..

Well, I found that I have no water leaks. 6hrs. of rain.

35an4uh.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, what a bummer with the rain all day. My buddies and I were only there a couple hours. I saw plowman's gorgeous Bee, congrats on a sweet car. I saw rvw's 62, another sweet car. I'm pretty sure I saw his 66 Coronet too, but I forgot to look at the info sheet and I didn't get a picture. The 65 Coronet is one of my buddies. It has a 1966 426 hemi and I believe a 4 speed. I didn't grab an umbrella, I had looked at radar as I got there and it looked like the rain would end soon. It kinda stopped for a few minutes and then started raining harder and didn't let up. Well maybe next year it'll be better and I'll have my 65 Coronet on the road.

IMG_0659.JPG IMG_0662.JPG IMG_0664.JPG IMG_0666.JPG IMG_0667.JPG IMG_0665.JPG IMG_0660.JPG IMG_0661.JPG

3hours to get there [2 in the rain]. Rained/cold all day. Cleared up for the last hour of the show, and I had a inside dually tire come apart on the way home....so we limped it the last 100 miles, at a reasonable speed. That'll be my last car thing, till after my upcoming shoulder surgery/rehab on Tuesday. Not the best of days..

Hey good luck with the shoulder surgery and rehab. Wish you the best with it. Ken

Auto Transport Service
Back