• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More 68 Charger trim ???'s

dodgepaul

Local time
10:08 PM
Reaction score
Ok, belt molding? I thought I had this one figured out but stumbled across a new "problem" looking up the answer to another question. Which of these is right? or is either acceptable? My original belt molding has 7 clips, similar to the clips on the back of a door panel, seems easy enough being there are 7 holes in the door for the clips. Then as I was looking thru my stack of belt molding I noticed a few of the door pieces have this other piece with a small bolt on it. Looks like they go towards the rear of the door? My Dodge service manual doesn't show this area at all in detail. Here is a pic of each.......is one a later or earlier piece? is one or the other preferable? The 6 clips with the one bolts seems to give a tighter fit? Thanks in advance for all of your help, we'll get this car done for Mopars in the Park one way of the other....

20160429_013954_resized.jpg 20160429_014018_resized.jpg 20160429_014024_resized.jpg

It's obvious to see which molding is for the left and right. Yes, there are 7 retainers per molding of various sizes and angles, with the rear most one being the one with the stud and nut. For your viewing pleasure, I popped off the right side molding on my door and took pictures of all the retainers and locations. You will notice that the three front clips are angled, with the angle pointing toward the outside of the door.....
DSCF8428.JPG
DSCF8427.JPG
DSCF8426.JPG
DSCF8425.JPG
DSCF8424.JPG
DSCF8427.JPG
DSCF8427.JPG

interesting, does a guy HAVE to use the clips with the nut and bolt? I think the ones that we removed from my car had only the clips, not the oddball nut and bolt piece? I'll have to look but I don't think my door has a hole the far towards the end. I'll post a pic

I'm glad I found this post. I'm looking for these clips for my charger do you all know what size I need or where to get them?

They're not chromed; they're stainless. I had all my stainless trim polished and it's amazing how much it makes the car pop with it all highly polished.

They're not chromed; they're stainless. I had all my stainless trim polished and it's amazing how much it makes the car pop with it all highly polished.
Where can I get the clips to put them back on my charger. I know they are stainless. Just quicker to the chrome moldings. Shoot call them belt moldings and see what kind of looks you get.

Where can I get the clips to put them back on my charger. I know they are stainless. Just quicker to the chrome moldings. Shoot call them belt moldings and see what kind of looks you get.

I've had good luck getting stuff I need by posting want ads here, dodgecharger.com & over at Mopars.

Try dodge charger specialities they have a lot of these items that people toss thinking they won't need them.

It's obvious to see which molding is for the left and right. Yes, there are 7 retainers per molding of various sizes and angles, with the rear most one being the one with the stud and nut. For your viewing pleasure, I popped off the right side molding on my door and took pictures of all the retainers and locations. You will notice that the three front clips are angled, with the angle pointing toward the outside of the door..... View attachment 334517 View attachment 334518 View attachment 334519 View attachment 334520 View attachment 334521 View attachment 334518 View attachment 334518
Very good of you to pop yours off and shoot some pics!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If they are dull & You want to brighten them up, it can be done with steel wool,,,start with double 00,,,massage them real well, this will help pull any scarring,,then graduate to triple 000 to pull the fine double 00 scratch pattern,,,then to quadruple 0000 to remove the triple 000 marks. They'll be pretty bright by then, but follow that with a good fine, creamy metal polish.....Mother's polish will do. Use micro fibre towels. Test procedure out on some unwanted stainless. This will work on chrome plating too.
Aluminum also, but start with triple 000. Also, double 00 is safe on glass for removing overspray & other debris film build up.

If they are dull & You want to brighten them up, it can be done with steel wool,,,start with double 00,,,massage them real well, this will help pull any scarring,,then graduate to triple 000 to pull the fine double 00 scratch pattern,,,then to quadruple 0000 to remove the triple 000 marks. They'll be pretty bright by then, but follow that with a good fine, creamy metal polish.....Mother's polish will do. Use micro fibre towels. Test procedure out on some unwanted stainless. This will work on chrome plating too.
Aluminum also, but start with triple 000. Also, double 00 is safe on glass for removing overspray & other debris film build up.
Nothing is wrong with my trim, I just don't have the clips to put them on.

Nothing at classic. The problem is they are different sizes and I'm not sure what all I need.

Auto Transport Service
Back