• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara question

dan brooks

Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
I recently acquired a 64 Polara 500 convert, It came with electric windows, or so it seems. My question is the single switches are missing at every location, I have the master on the drivers door which doesn't seem to be te greatest. Is there other switches that might be able to be retrofitted into this situation? as replacements are out of the question, or should I be thinking about switching everything over to manual windows?
Thanks for all your help, Dan.

Dan in you case I would jump 12 volts to the Motors 1st and make sure they work.
If they do, i just took a quick look at ebay or google will also work .
I run a search for (Sport Fury power window switch)
Several years worth of used oem show up. Also a few nos ones but yes they are pricey.
You may be able to match some up that will work for your wiring and application.

Dan in you case I would jump 12 volts to the Motors 1st and make sure they work.
If they do, i just took a quick look at ebay or google will also work .
I run a search for (Sport Fury power window switch)
Several years worth of used oem show up. Also a few nos ones but yes they are pricey.
You may be able to match some up that will work for your wiring and application.
Thanks, It looks like it's a three wire system, hot, up and down so that should be easy enough. I never saw a car this old with electric windows so it would be a cool option if I can get them all to work, and a convert to boot!!!!!

Thanks, It looks like it's a three wire system, hot, up and down so that should be easy enough. I never saw a car this old with electric windows so it would be a cool option if I can get them all to work, and a convert to boot!!!!!
Sounds like a cool car, I hope you can find some switches that will workout on the door panels.
Most just reverse polarity for up and down power.

I recently acquired a 64 Polara 500 convert, It came with electric windows, or so it seems. My question is the single switches are missing at every location, I have the master on the drivers door which doesn't seem to be te greatest. Is there other switches that might be able to be retrofitted into this situation? as replacements are out of the question, or should I be thinking about switching everything over to manual windows?
Thanks for all your help, Dan.
Dan,
I'm almost certain that window switches from a 64 C body are the same, as would be all Mopars of that vintage. Also, I'm betting that 63 and maybe 62 might be the same.

Try Joe Suchy in Georgia. He is a 1964 Plymouth guy, and has a business selling used and repro parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back