• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More hole location questions

TBZ67HEMI

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
Hi
I have done some searching but can't find what I'm looking for.

I'm in the process of prepping my 67 GTX for paint and I need to make sure all the holes are correct.

The car had both quarter panels replaced but the bottom moulding holes were not drilled. So it looks to me it is missing 2 or 3 holes. I believe I could just add the holes with the same spacing and be ok but I would much rather see if anyone knows the measurements so it is correct.

Also

This car was a race car in the 80s. They cut all the bracing out of the trunk lid so it has a replacement and I need to re drill the holes for the hemi emblem. Anyone have the hole locations so I can make sure that is correct?

Lastly
The fender turn signal indicator holes were welded up.
If anyone knows where they exactly mount that would be super helpful.

Thanks so much in advance.

PXL_20220212_013232719.jpg PXL_20220212_013105001.jpg IMG_20220128_152648.jpg

Last edited:
Today I sanded down where the Turn Signal Indicators would have been. I was able to find where there were 3 holes welded up on each side pretty clearly and they matched the indicators. Drilled them out pretty much perfectly. Loaded in the indicators and my 9 year old helping me said..... "Dad they arent lined up." Sure enough the driverside is 1/2" forward of the Passenger side. I 100% know I got the welded holes because they were nasty welds. Did the factory offset these? I can weld up the hole properly and fix if not it just seems weird. Before I send it to paint want to make sure these are right.

If anyone has thoughts here would help a ton

I was able to find on here where the GTX emblem was located on the decklid. From the X 1 1/4 Inch from edge and 3/8" up from the back tail panel.

Thank you!

I doubt the T/S were offset, more likely one fender was changed, just a guess but could one be a 66 & one a 67?....

I just did an image search, looks like 66 was further forward...

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 7.36.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 7.38.38 PM.png

I just did an image search, looks like 66 was further forward...

View attachment 1240451 View attachment 1240453
Thanks. The holes were only different by a 1/2". They were not that close to the front on the 66. The 67 photo looks spot on to where it is on mine. I can easily adjust one by half an inch.

This car was a race car in the 80s. They did lots of wild stuff to it. Most has been fixed correctly. So I'm not surprised by this.

Now all I need is to sort the holes on the bottom rocker panel. Oh and about 1000 more things... Haha

I could get measurements for a 68 Coronet but not a 67 GTX... Hopefully someone will have what your looking for...

I used a chalk line to keep all the holes in place. Your rocker mouldings might show where some of the clips were. Do you have a complete set, if so you could figure out the spacing I think.

Maybe this helps. 67 Silver Special, I think they shared rocker moldings with the GTX, this is as good a picture as I can get, and only 2 of the three holes. Third was consumed by rust, that's a story on its own.

IMG_1918.JPG

Maybe this helps for the turn signal indicator location. I measured two front ends, all four lights measure the same location. I think the lights are shared between Belvedere and GTX also.

IMG_0930.JPG
IMG_0926.JPG

Maybe this helps. 67 Silver Special, I think they shared rocker moldings with the GTX, this is as good a picture as I can get, and only 2 of the three holes. Third was consumed by rust, that's a story on its own.

View attachment 1240749

Maybe this helps for the turn signal indicator location. I measured two front ends, all four lights measure the same location. I think the lights are shared between Belvedere and GTX also.

View attachment 1240752 View attachment 1240751
Awesome thanks so much. That measurement on the fender turn signals is exactly where my Driver side one is.

On the rocker panels I think with that photo I can get what I need to.

Appreciate it!

Here is our 67 Charger. It has 9 clips. 3 inches from the front edge of the quarter panel, then 9.5 inches and 8 inches screw center to center. These clips have a small pin to keep the clips vertical. I think front quarter edge to fender lip might be 1 inch shorter because of the 1 inch shorter wheel base. I suggest you hold your moulding up to make sure the clip won’t be past the end of the moulding.

B1CFB454-6EC0-4E0D-BCAF-CAFF2F4B5C47.jpeg

Here is our 67 Charger. It has 9 clips. 3 inches from the front edge of the quarter panel, then 9.5 inches and 8 inches screw center to center. These clips have a small pin to keep the clips vertical. I think front quarter edge to fender lip might be 1 inch shorter because of the 1 inch shorter wheel base. I suggest you hold your moulding up to make sure the clip won’t be past the end of the moulding.

View attachment 1240803
Awesome Thank you!

Awesome Thank you!
You are welcome. I do not over tighten the clips, and have been fortunate to be able to use original clips, because we very seldom have extreme heat for long. I have put really thin plastic behind the clip if the sides/ protectors are not there. Someone else posted that, but was a great idea.

Auto Transport Service
Back