• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most wasted Mopars

then there's this one

Attachments

• tumblr_mgliz8sQdp1s1f10do1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mgliz8sQdp1s1f10do1_1280.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 499
  • tumblr_mguk0jDdEL1s1f10do1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mguk0jDdEL1s1f10do1_1280.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 636
I've had the desire to build a lot of off-beat, unusual cars over the years. I've even had the thought " why does a 4x4 HAVE to be a truck?". But I've NEVER thought that plopping a car body, especially a classic Mopar, onto a 4x4 frame was a good solution, even if its just for show. Those things are freakin'hideous.

I remember that craze in the 70's were cars were all jack-up & straight axles, like that RR, but it didn't last too long, was far more of a tri-5 GM thing or older 40'-50's Ford car thing back then, I think it was kind of trying to relive the days of the old Gassers in the 60's & nostalgia, not to say how gross most all the 70's circus paint jobs were either...

There's a guy here in KC who takes his Dodge Omni to car shows. I kid you not, he cleans the undercarriage with a toothbrush! It is the cleanest, most perfect Omni you will ever see. Most gigantic waste of time ever, but to each his own...

One of the biggest and most irritating trends I've noticed lately is the ricing out of "modern mopars." I'm 21 and noticed all the same trends with kids and their cars through high school, so it's weird to me that people twice my age are buying new challengers, chargers, 300's, etc. and slapping on neon lights, 22"+ wheels, chrome dress-up kits, and lame decals.

I'm sorry, but
No it doesn't look cool.
No your carbon fiber vinyl wrap doesn't make your car any lighter.
No that "cold air intake" doesn't give your stock engine any noticeable boost in power.
No it's not better than the original.

Maybe I was born a little late or something but it's scaring me what's happening to the mopar name nowadays..

challenger-dodge-2.jpg

challenger.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Dear FBBO,
I am experiencing a strange drive line vibration, I don't understand why. It was fine before I rebuilt my car. The U joints seem to be fine, as well as the yoke on the transmission.
Do you think it could be the Rear end ? I hope not because I really don't have the funds to go into it.

View attachment 153440

LOL... funny tag line... And it's also a yet another GL, that's double dipping in the gene pool...

When I was working at a Ford dealership, I got a call one day asking if we had any Mavericks or Pintos sitting around, and this was in 2004. I thought it was a joke. A few weeks later I got another caller asking for Mavericks, and I thought that was a joke. Then I got more calls from guys looking for Mavericks and Pintos. I went to the used car manager and asked about this and he told me that was normal. They are always getting calls from guys, most all of them drag racers, who want to know if we take in any Mavericks or Pintos as trades because they love to use them for drag racing due to their weight distribution.

The problem for these guys is no one much wanted these cars when they were new, and very, very, few survived the crusher because no one had any secondary uses for them and now these guys are SOL. It's the same deal with F body guys. You think getting parts for a B body is hard? The F body guys have it a hundred times worse since few of these cars weren't crushed and few parts are reproduced. I suspect a lot of us would be SOL with our cars as well if so many people hadn't kept them around to have fun with them with wild paint, jacking, chopping, etc, during the 80s and 90s, so I'm in the camp where I'm glad people did these things to these cars.

yea i hear ya on that lol my issue is i had mine before it was this fad to do it to every damn charger i did it to be more orignal now you see alot of field beaters painted orange ruins it for the higher end cars

- - - Updated - - -

The flag means basically more independence, less government. It didn't mean racism, it didn't mean slavery, it didn't mean any of that.It basically meant what they were fighting for was their right to be independent and not have the government control them.

exactly finally someone gets it

this is just my opinion. i don't think its right for anyone to judge anyone else's car even if it is a mopar. to each his own and if that's what they like then good for them so who gives anyone the right to say its ugly or its a waste of mopar metal just because they lifted it or lowered it or painted it like a freakin clown car maybe that's what they wanted or liked or maybe its a sentimental thing that takes them back to a time in they're life that brings them joy or happiness and then they come on here and see people judging it and ridiculing it. if its not yours then don't worry about it.

this is just my opinion. i don't think its right for anyone to judge anyone else's car even if it is a mopar. to each his own and if that's what they like then good for them so who gives anyone the right to say its ugly or its a waste of mopar metal just because they lifted it or lowered it or painted it like a freakin clown car maybe that's what they wanted or liked or maybe its a sentimental thing that takes them back to a time in they're life that brings them joy or happiness and then they come on here and see people judging it and ridiculing it. if its not yours then don't worry about it.

Relax Barelad, no harm intended.
By the way, which one of these was your car?

its all good man, we're poking fun , its the internet

Attachments

• proto10.jpg
    proto10.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
:iamwithstupid: it's all in fun & no ill will intended, by me anyway & some people like different things, I'm someone who usually says "build it how you want it, then drive it like you stole it & damn the rest", BUT sometime you just got to say, "WTF were they thinken' too", but too each their own, it's only "just peoples opinions" & like a belly button or a--holes, everybody has one, don't let it get to ya.... more power to ya, what ever you like, what ever blows pour skirt up, what ever rocks your boat, what ever gives you morning wood etc.

Attachments

• Lighten Up Francis.jpg
    Lighten Up Francis.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 379
  • Lighten Up Francis #2.jpg
    Lighten Up Francis #2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 403
it's all in fun & no ill will intended, by me anyway & some people like different things, I'm someone who usually says "build it how you want it, then drive it like you stole it & damn the rest", BUT sometime you just got to say WTF were they thinken' too, but too each their own, it's only "just peoples opinions" & like a belly button or a--holes, everybody has one.... more power to ya, what ever you like, what ever blows pour skirt up, what ever rocks your boat, what ever give you wood etc.

OK Francis.

Auto Transport Service
Back