• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

motor mount question

the nitro man

Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
i pulled the old 400 out of my 65 belvedere a couple days ago & the rubber fell off the mounts, so i threw it all in the trash. now i've started looking around at new mounts & they don't come with the part that bolts to the block. i think i needed to keep the part that bolted on the motor, am i correct? should i have kept the metal plates that bolt to the motor? if so, where can i get some new ones? i would like to go with a solid mount & get away from old rubber mounts & a chain, but i can't find anything for a 65 b body. what will work?

Call shumacher creative services, or their website, they got what you want/need.

Guess they've made the pick up for the week?

Not sure if the "later stuff (read 69) will interchange or not. But I'm sure one of the others will chime in with the correct answer

yes, i went over there today going to do some dumpster diving, but they pick up trash everyday first thing in the morning.

i've emailed shumacher creative services & haven't gotten a response back yet.

bad deal

New Mantra...... (repeat after me)....

Throw nothing away.....
Throw nothing away.....
Throw nothing away.....

shumacher creative services emailed me back today, they want $118 for the pair of plates only. i think i'll just build a solid mount setup some how. i'm thinking of trying the 66 up b body mounts & see what the difference is. i might be able to use the solid type mounts with just a little work.

The rubber part of the mounting system is the cheap part. Solids aren't really that nice on the street (DAMHIK)

I think I have an extra set of the 69 style plates, but I don't know if they are the same as what you had

i looked there allready too. if worst comes to worst, i can make a set.

i can't believe i threw something that important in the trash. i was letting my 16 year old son take the engine down to the bare block (trying to teach him a little something & do the father son thing), & they got tossed. i meant to get them out of the trash, but forgot all about them. still though, i spent time with my son, so it was still a good day. :banana:

Contact Norm Brady, at Cross Ram Connections (google it). They reproduce the originals that your '65 had from the factory, and they're half the price of Shumachers.

Auto Transport Service
Back