• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor-plate sealing recommendations

The radiator in my race car comes out by disconnecting the fan plug, rad hoses, and 2 bolts. I've repaired the water pump in between rounds at the track. The studs hold the motor up in the plate. The plate stays glued with the RTV to the block. No need to reseal. In the past using gaskets. Sooner or later they started to leak.
Doug

My intake is two piece as well. The first time I tried to seperate it Iwas stumped. Even using a pry bar and a block of wood under the 1/2" carb shear plate wouldn't budge it. It wanted to bend the plate. It was stuck but good. Ended up drilling 4 1/16" holes parallel to the gasket surface in the lid right at the edge. Then broke the holes open by pounding a screwdriver in the "drilled slot". When it was apart the slot was filed nive3/32" deep by 5/16" wide. Now there is a notch to pop it apart. It just gets filled with Ultra-Grey. If you look real close at the gap just to the right of the fuel line you can see the notch.
Doug

View attachment 1645810
I like the sheet metal pan. I was thinking of something similar. Single 4 though. Did you make it or buy it?

I like the sheet metal pan. I was thinking of something similar. Single 4 though. Did you make it or buy it?
Made it out of .030" aluminum. Tin snips and blocks of wood clamped together to bend the edges. Made the fan supports out of the same material. It's pretty sturdy when there's a crease in it.
Doug

I actually got them from McMaster Carr I believe they are made by ARP as when you buy extreme strength bolts through them they are stamped ARP. I ordered 3/8-24!

McMaster-Carr

These are ARP bolts believe it or not! Come stamped ARP on head.
McMaster-Carr

IMG_2496.png

Auto Transport Service
Back