• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mounting the trunk divider in a '70 RR

wwheel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
I have read several threads on this subject and know that the rear seat back grab hook also holds the divider up. In addition there is a clamp plate. All good so far. But on my '70 RR, I have two tabs that are bent out along the braces that also might secure the divider towards the bottom edge. See attached and circled in red. I would have to cut a hole in the panel for the tab to actually do anything. Anybody seen this?

Thanks.

divider brace.jpg

That tab is upside down and it holds the package tray back against the rear metal.

Clamp plates go like so.. or at least how I put them in. I may have even bent that lip down a bit flatter, but I don't remember what I did yesterday....
beerestoration2019 3123.JPG
beerestoration2019 3124.JPG

Don't recall any clamps on the cars I've worked on.......been awhile but worked on many over the years but the newest B body to work on was a 69.

Ok thanks on the clamp plates. Had those wrong. Have any idea on the tabs that are bent outward on the support braces (circled in red)?

Thanks as always!

Ok thanks on the clamp plates. Had those wrong. Have any idea on the tabs that are bent outward on the support braces (circled in red)?

Thanks as always!
Just bend that tab circled in red in so it is flush with the brace. Fairly certain is doesn't do anything.

Auto Transport Service
Back