• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moving to Colorado.

Usually someone goes off the Pikes Peak Highway once a year. There's a halfway station where they check your brake temperatures. Colorado tries to play down the rock climbing, river rafting, skiing and avalanches deaths out here. Not good for tourism.

I'll be the first negative post, you guys know me.
I'm a 4th generation Colorado native.

Don't take it personal but please don't move here if you can help it.
This state isn't what it used to be. Too many gomers moving in over the past 15-20 years. Now we have the influx of immigrants moving in associated with the MJ trade. 270 per day last year.

Some refer to the front range as LA East.

Enjoy your stay but she ain't what she used to be. I'm seriously looking at relocating to Montana.

Fourth gen Colorado native here, too. Honestly, I would not move back. I have plenty of relatives to visit there, but the state has lost its mind politically. With all the Californicators there changing **** to match what cesspools they left in Cali, plus with pot legalized, and the idiot Governor Hickenlooper welcoming the Syrian invaders and other illegals with open arms...it is NOT the place I knew and loved.

I'll definitely hit you guys up when I'm out there. I'm excited for the road trip in the Plymouth.

If you have time this summer, there are two car shows up here on the north side, Goodguys Loveland, and the 4th Annual Mopar show in Fort Collins. both are real good times. Welcome to Colorado!

I lived in Colo Sprgs in the 80s for 10 years. It was the good times. The whole state has definitely changed. Times have changed. Try not to be so negative. There are immigrants moving in all over the country. I don't like it either but Colorado isn't immune to the situation - I live in CA now and if you want to see problems move out here. I would go back to CO in a minute and would not bitch.

You have it better there than most of the rest of the country - the secret is out. You need to deal with it. Colo is a beautiful place. Change your politics and it can remain so. I could go on and on but I won't. This whole immigration thing sucks.

Sorry but the Front Range is not even close to East LA. Yes all the pot smoking hippy liberals in Denver and Boulder have been trying hard to screw the state up but we are not anywhere as bad as CA. Not even close. I'm in LA 2-4 times a year and always soooooooooooooo happy to come back home. The rest of the state is pretty conservative. Yes it has changed but so has everywhere else it. I have kinfolk in MT and they have a lot of illegals there too but is still a real big state when very few people. Myself I've spent time in 37 states and I chose to stay here but if I didn't have most of my family here I'd be in the South Pacific or Central America.

Sorry but the Front Range is not even close to East LA.

I didn't say East LA.
I purposely said LA east, meaning that the Californios have spread this far east.

- - - Updated - - -

Try not to be so negative. There are immigrants moving in all over the country.

Believe me, I try not be negative every day but it's hard seeing this once beautiful state being flushed down the toilet.

When I say immigrant I mean transplants from other parts of the country. Hell I know more Hispanics here who's families have been here longer than mine.

What tends to drive most people back out of here is every few years we get one of those winters where it stays well below 0 for several weeks. It makes them think twice about the 300 days of sunshine.

Ok I get ya. Actually the Californians and Texans have been coming here for decades. Started when they built Vail in 68, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

We are getting as bad as CA in that it seems like everyone here is from somewhere else.

Ok I get ya. Actually the Californians and Texans have been coming here for decades. Started when they built Vail in 68, lol.

Yea, the Texans are an anomaly. In Texas they are some of the nicest people ever. However up here they are mostly @ssholes. Texas must export their jerks to Colorado.

Ever participate in the Texas-Colorado Tomato Wars?

Can't say that I have.
What do you call a Texan that lives in CO? .............................................A Cotex.

You can ALWAYS tell the Texans during elk and deer seasons. They are the ones that lose their collective minds and do some really stupid ****. I grew up on the Western Slope and know first-hand. In the late '70s, I saw a Texan bring a bright orange Jeep CJ-5 behind a big-*** RV, heading up to Grand Mesa. He had a small rack mounted on the hood from the previous years' hunt. Told him that the rack was a BAD idea. He laughed and said it was all good. A week later, he was back in town. His bright orange Jeep had at least 20 bullet holes in it, and the rack was shot down to a nub. Couldn't help but laugh.

You can ALWAYS tell the Texans during elk and deer seasons. They are the ones that lose their collective minds and do some really stupid ****. I grew up on the Western Slope and know first-hand. In the late '70s, I saw a Texan bring a bright orange Jeep CJ-5 behind a big-*** RV, heading up to Grand Mesa. He had a small rack mounted on the hood from the previous years' hunt. Told him that the rack was a BAD idea. He laughed and said it was all good. A week later, he was back in town. His bright orange Jeep had at least 20 bullet holes in it, and the rack was shot down to a nub. Couldn't help but laugh.

That's funny. I live in Grand Junction and the Mesa is my stomping grounds. I can remember back before we had the blaze orange law and the saying was if you wanted to kill someone and get away with just take them hunting in CO.

Delta is my old stompin' grounds. Left there to go in the AF and never looked back. Used to go out in the 'dobies and raise hell, drink beer and tear **** up. I do miss the scenery, though!

Auto Transport Service
Back