• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moving to Texas

I don’t know. I’ve only been west to Minersl Wells, southish to Millsap and East to Fort Worth.

The ac isn’t a concern right now but if I find one like I had or similar, I’ll grab it. I had it on a movers dolly so I could move it to where I was working, even had a remote control with it.

I’m not sure on a lift, I’d like one but there’s only one spot for it and I don’t mind jackstands. It’s 12 foot sides and 14 at the ridge.

I still have about $2k in wiring to do. The 2/0 copper to go 60 feet is friggin expensive and I need 3 different colors. Sub panel should be here Tuesday and I’ve got trench about 30 feet to get power from the house to the shop.

3B4F835B-D514-4538-854E-C0BC7EB06AAC.jpeg

Go to a supply house and see about getting it there. My local supply house gave me the contractors price for it saved about 3500. Did not even ask if i was a contractor.

It’s like a tiny ac unit, or really a glorified window unit that goes on the wall
Are they those in the wall hotel units, heat and a/c. Those are nice in my opinion. A friend bought a window unit I installed in the wall of his 24 x 24 garage. It did both, heat and cool. It did a nice job.

Has condenser unit like central air and cooling unit with blower unit on the wall or ceiling. Think you can 1 to 4 maybe 6 rooms depends how big it is.

It’s like a tiny ac unit, or really a glorified window unit that goes on the wall
Mine is a window unit that I cut a hole in the wall for. The thing is getting old but it worked a couple of months ago. Think what prolonged it's life is the carport out back shades it. Just have to fight the dang dirt daubers out of it every spring.

Got the vehicles registered, today was my driver’s license appointment. WTF! I get there, bring 2 bills in my name, the registration, copy of my AAA insurance is on my phone app, SS card, award letter from the VA and a copy of my DD214. Appointment was for 9:30, I get called up at 10, no biggie but **** was about to hit the fan. I’m informed that my “copy of my Birth Certificate” must be original or certified! No getting around it! And you must do this within 90 days of your arrival.

I state that no agency, local state or federal has had a problem with a “copy” of my BC. She says that Texas put into LAW that all people moving into the state must have an original or certified copy of their BC in 2019. No getting around it! GD! F!!!

So I call my dad, ask if he has my original as I haven’t talked to his ex wife in 25 years (she’s a B H!). He says he may but don’t hold my breath. Calls me back and says he doesn’t have it. Dang!!!

Got ahold of Fulton County in Georgia and for a measly $68 they will send me 2 certified copies next day air UPS. I pay and now I’m waiting till next week or so cause it can take 3/5 business days to get it done. Ughhh!!!

For my wife, she has to have all the documents I stated plus her divorce decree and marriage certificate (to me)!

I get why Texas is doing this, but I’ve bled on the flag to make damn sure them stripes stay red for every American!

So now I wait, still have my Commiefornia driver’s license, which is good, but need to surrender it to Texas when I finally get this done.

When I moved to NV. from CA. and tried to establish residency, they needed the same. I used a copy of my Birth Cert that was notarized twice and was the same cert that I used to join the USAF. NOPE, not good enough, need a orginial, plus my "Retired USAF" ID card wasn't approved as it isn't a "official Govt. Document". WTF? It say "property of US Govt. right on the card! NOPE not good enough. All because my CA. licenses wasn't a "real ID" at the time that they require now.
DMV really was making my life miserable to say the least! I wound up taking my expired passport, and that same birth cert. to the Post Office and was in & out with a new passport, go back to DMV with new passport and said cert. and I get through with flying colors. It seems DMV has their own set of rules that go against the grain of everything else. When I tried to get answers as to how fucked up the system is, they wanted to hear nothing of it! When I moved out of NV. to where I am now, I had no problem getting a new DL. in my new state! I guess you don't have a "real ID" from CA.?
Just take you passport and birth cert see what happens? Good Luck
BTW: my ordeal went on for over 4 months, so consider yourself lucky!

I didn’t know about that birth certificate thing, interesting. Next time, instead of going to the weatherford DPS office, go to the mineral wells one. There’s no line, no appointments, just drive up, or so I’m told.

Also the weatherford dps office is where all the trouble making highway patrol goo, and they all have a chip on their shoulder

I guess renewing a Texas driver's license is much easier. A friend of mine just did hers and is dang near blind at 83 yo!

I'm not one for excessive regulations.
I DO support stricter laws in matters of a person's identity. In CA, you can get a license far too easily.

Auto Transport Service
Back