• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moving to Texas

Got the vehicles registered, today was my driver’s license appointment. WTF! I get there, bring 2 bills in my name, the registration, copy of my AAA insurance is on my phone app, SS card, award letter from the VA and a copy of my DD214. Appointment was for 9:30, I get called up at 10, no biggie but **** was about to hit the fan. I’m informed that my “copy of my Birth Certificate” must be original or certified! No getting around it! And you must do this within 90 days of your arrival.

I state that no agency, local state or federal has had a problem with a “copy” of my BC. She says that Texas put into LAW that all people moving into the state must have an original or certified copy of their BC in 2019. No getting around it! GD! F!!!

So I call my dad, ask if he has my original as I haven’t talked to his ex wife in 25 years (she’s a B H!). He says he may but don’t hold my breath. Calls me back and says he doesn’t have it. Dang!!!

Got ahold of Fulton County in Georgia and for a measly $68 they will send me 2 certified copies next day air UPS. I pay and now I’m waiting till next week or so cause it can take 3/5 business days to get it done. Ughhh!!!

For my wife, she has to have all the documents I stated plus her divorce decree and marriage certificate (to me)!

I get why Texas is doing this, but I’ve bled on the flag to make damn sure them stripes stay red for every American!

So now I wait, still have my Commiefornia driver’s license, which is good, but need to surrender it to Texas when I finally get this done.
Sounds like my wife became a citizen only she needed things from Yugoslavia. Go to NYC Yugo consulate fill out paper work for Birth cert and divorce decree wait 3 month for it. Then divorce decree translated to english by someone at consulate.

That was Mineral Wells and as of Tuesday, you need an appointment, no walk in’s.

I’ll get what I need, and I get pulled over, I’ll explain it while showing my military ID and VA ID cards.

That was Mineral Wells and as of Tuesday, you need an appointment, no walk in’s.

I’ll get what I need, and I get pulled over, I’ll explain it while showing my military ID and VA ID cards.
I know the frustration with the DMV but in all the years I've live here, things hasn't been too bad and really can't complain. Once you get things squared away, I'm certain it'll be smooth sailing.....and I'm wondering if some flu virus is going up lately for them to stop walk ins....?

Well dang it, there goes another good thing. What has this world come to :lol:

Well dang it, there goes another good thing. What has this world come to :lol:
I've noticed that things change quickly with the Texas DMV. They shut down the annex awhile back that was just a few minutes away from me and the public outcry was large so they reopened it but only to appointment only then a couple of months later, they accepted walk ins again. Just never know about what's going on lol. Been awhile since going there so who knows what the day will bring next.

Update……

Waiting on Certified Birth Certificates (notary will do also) from Atlanta, Georgia where I was born. My dad doesn’t have the Original and I don’t talk to his ex wife so I’m on my for getting these. My wife got hers yesterday, they want copies of any and all Divorce Decrees, marriage license, Birth Certificate, vehicle registration for all cars owned, 2 bills with your name/address in Texas, Texas car insurance and you need to surrender your out of state license. We got our license plates, they both say Disabled Veteran on them and the Army insignia. Cool!!

My neighbor (from Commiefornia also) helped me pull 2/0 gauge wires from the shop to the house and he wired for the shop panels power. I’m taking over from there. Got the compressor wired, ceiling fan wired and working on getting 8 UFO High Bay shop lights wired up. Will be doing a 2 way switches, will need to look into how it’s done. Welder needs 220 and then a few 120 outlets. Good thing I don’t do this for a living, I’d starve!!

The ceiling fan is 120 inch, 9 speeds, extruded aluminum blades (6) 3 different light settings (led) forward/reverse (with a breeze mode), dc motor and it’s remote controlled.

06C0513C-03CD-4640-B722-4540067F621B.jpeg

5D785D1A-CAE7-4841-A74B-A30E1A6D6756.jpeg

1B152B01-688D-46D9-A6AA-2421319033FC.jpeg

C8183129-2D40-47F0-A786-7D0EDF537E6D.jpeg

F3693326-15E2-48A6-9872-B5AC9B0E6263.jpeg

3 way switches aren’t too hard to lol. You need power, switch leg, and a traveler. One switch gets the power, then a traveler goes over to the other switch. Are you running it in conduit, romex, or mc cable?

If you’re running 12 gauge you’ll need 12/3. If 14, then it’ll be a 14/3. You need 2 x 3 way switches, one will have power. The other you’ll your 12 or 14/3 too. Black is power, white is natural, red is traveler

Well, color doesn’t matter as long as it’s the same switch to switch, that’s just how I’ve always made them up :lol:

That’s what I’ve been reading. I just bought a couple regular light switches, so I may just run power to each switch and 1 switch will control 1/2 the lights and the other, the other1/2.

Looking slick there. As far as the birth certificates go, tell them you are in Texas courtesy of Joe and his immigration program.:lol:. Dontcha love it, you have to substantiate being a citizen. Even dogs need to be licensed. WTF!

Update……

My wife got hers yesterday, they want copies of any and all Divorce Decrees, marriage license, Birth Certificate, vehicle registration for all cars owned, 2 bills with your name/address in Texas, Texas car insurance and you need to surrender your out of state license.
Be careful next time, they may want your left testicle too!:poke::poke:

Auto Transport Service
Back