• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MSD Pro Billet distributor doesn’t fit in my 1968 440 RB-Block with Trickflow 240 heads ….

Moparjack 489

Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone !!!
maybe someone had the same problem like me ….

We rebuild my 440cui RB-Block and stroke them to 512 cui with 440 source kit .

after we using brand new 240 Trickflow heads for the upper part, and because I want change my ignition from revanator system to the MSD system I try to run the Programmable ignition Box from MSD and I buy the MSD pro billet distributor 8546(3) for this set up to exchange my old firecore “ fc1008B “ Race “ tall shaft distributor …

Problem : the MSD pro Billet distributor doesn’t fit in the distributor hole with the 240 Trick Flow heads + Aluminium spacer and original valve covers ….( my old Trickflow fit it)

Anyone run in to the same problem , and maybe fix it too, or have any idea to fix it ?

Thanks and a nice weekend guys ,
Steffen

I think you meant the fire core distributor fit?

Why not use the fire core distributor?
It should work with the MSD box.

I think there has been others that had to grind the head for the distributor to fit.

What is the aluminum spacer you mentioned?
This guys .

IMG_8180.png

IMG_8179.png

Why not use the fire core distributor?
It should work with the MSD box.
Yes, of course it will work with the MSD, but my firecore I think are have some issues ( may magnetic pick up not ok ) and so it not want work with the programmable MSD box now . I try to order a new Firecore distributor already , but they complete sold out ….. yes I can order a new magnetic pick up as well but maybe more damage on my old firecore distributor , so I want a new one too + the magnetic pick to try to repair the old one

Exactly this one in black , yes.
we install the 1/2” valve cover Aluminium spacers for drive can the original valve cover with the roller rockers from Harland sharp , you think that’s why the MSD pro billlet distributor doesn’t fit , right ?
Ok originally it sounded like you were using some type of distributor spacer not a Valve cover spacer for Rocker clearance.. Can you post a pic of where it is actually hitting?

MSD distributors for BB Mopars fit like crap with many valve covers and especially Trick Flow heads. Some have had to grind on the head, others on the valve cover it just depends on where the interference is.
One example here, Distributor clearance issue

MSD Pro Billet hits those spacers. All you have do do is sand/grind the spacer for clearance. Its tight but it will work.

MSD Pro Billet hits those spacers. All you have do do is sand/grind the spacer for clearance. It’s tight but it will work.
Thanks !! Cool , you had the same issue one time with this set up , right ?
I hope only the Spacers are the problem and not the original valve covers too ..

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back