• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MSD Pro-Billet Distributor fit on 70 RR Air Grabber??

Dave Pratt

Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Anyone out there with a 70 Roadrunner,air grabber equipped car running an MSD Pro-Billet Distributor?I'm thinking of getting the MSD ignition for my 70 air grabber car but I'm worried that the distributor is too tall and won't fit with the air box,etc.Anyone have any info on this set-up please let me know.I'm looking around and asking around but haven't been able to find any answers yet...thanks

Dave

I have it on mine and had to cut the air box to allow it to fit. It's not a great combination that's for sure.

I officially have no idea as to what electronic distributor I should get.Yes,I'm new at engine building,etc,but once I had my new motor running and and ran well...as soon as it got over 27-2800 rpm it started to bog.I've checked the timing and figured it was a distributor problem.Did I make a mistake?Ya sure,probably but I'm trying to figure this out as I go...

Dave

It's official !!! The MSD Pro-Billet distributor fits but it's a close fit.I'm running an Edelbrock DP4b intake and with no carb spacer the hood fits like a glove...tragedy averted !!!

Dave

That explains it. I'm running it on a RB Hemi and had to hack the box and seal.

RB Hemi? Maybe some day when I grow up...lol...would really like to have a Hemi in there some day

Auto Transport Service
Back