• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Muscle Car Restorations

Its gonna cost you every thing you have and take up all your time for the next umpteen years and when its done you will most likely be disappointed....just sayin

Its gonna cost you every thing you have and take up all your time for the next umpteen years and when its done you will most likely be disappointed....just sayin
Sounds a little conservative to me.

The good thing about MCR is they can turn a smashed up pile of a GTX and turn it into this! It's how my car sits now.
Plymouth_GTX_70_001_0794.JPG
Plymouth_GTX_70_001_0809.JPG
Plymouth_GTX_70_001_0803.JPG
Plymouth_GTX_70_001_0804 (1).JPG

Can't go to Spaogos and expect Burger King prices. The best in any business is always busy and expensive. Food, cars, women Whoops ! Old saying goes : "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." Just saying. The "quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten."

It is not a question about if I can afford it as much as is this 1968 Coronet R/T worth it.

I've learned this with these cars, by MY mistakes: If the car is a Rare, Limited, Low Number of Builds, with the potential of gaining Value in the future, Go For It. If it is a Normal Mopar, that We All would like to own, but will have No real "Return" on investing all of your time & $$ into it, You are further ahead to find a Nice, Well Done Car, Buy It, Drive It, and Enjoy It. I should have learned that the First Time Around...
0507191824a.jpg
5105.jpeg

Regrettably the collective we never learn....it will be different this car, this restoration! Even though we already know from past experience this is rarely true. I guess the question is, does the final result justify the expense, time and frustration. Usually the wanting is better than the having.

Can't go to Spaogos and expect Burger King prices. The best in any business is always busy and expensive. Food, cars, women Whoops ! Old saying goes : "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." Just saying. The "quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten."
Ha ha! MCR has that quote hanging in their office! But, very true. After destroying destroying this GTX after it was GIVEN to me (with persuasion) I feel really good about spending the money to get the body work and paint done to perfection. I sure as he'll could not do that!! The car has been smashed for 20 years. I wanna have some fun with it before I'm 80!

Auto Transport Service
Back