• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Muscle (MOPARS) at the Strip Results

Mike Gaines

Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
Well, it was kinda a good day at Muscle (Mopars) at the Strip in Las Vegas this last weekend.

The good news is that I outlasted 79 cars in the 80 car field of the "ProStreet" Street Legal Shootout as the big Mopar Race.

Cars had to be street legal with current tags and insurance and street legal rear slicks (like my MT ET Streets Bias Ply DOT Slicks. 20160320_170415.jpg They took my picture with the Runner-Up Award Plaque and the TROPHY GIRLS even tho I got Runner-Up not 1st.

I went 7 rounds and had 6 really good runs. I dialed in at 10.84 (car ran a little slower in Vegas than my 10.60's in California 2 weeks ago...heat and altitude). I ran between 10.845 and 10.861 all 6 runs leading up to the final.

I had to give every car a head start as I had the fastest dial of of the cars....most were low 11's to high 12's dial.

I got to the FINAL and cut the light a little too close with a .070 red-lite and gave it away.
I saw the redlite and shut it down after second gear and slowed to a 11.85 at 85MPH on the final run. NO reason to blow it up after a red-lite.

Well, runner up isn't anything to blink at Mike. Great job!

You're having too much fun ;-)

Mike: I watched a little of that online. Great job. Car looked and performed great. Congratulations. Dave

Congratulations Mike !!!!! Top effort, you must have done this before :sSig_lol3:

:congratualtions::sSig_goodjob::yourock::yaayy::app:

well done cutting through a big field . caught 1 of your passes - looked good

Tex

Congrats Mike as it looks like you still have it when it comes to driving at the track and cutting lites. Thats really good for you. Last time I was at the track at MIR I was also dailed 10.84 and I went red in the second round running a 10.85 on my 84 dail. But I did not go anywhere near as far as you did. Sounds like the car is working real good ! Ron

Congrats Mike, It was great to meet you in person.

Sweet passes. If you hadn't of red lighted you would have taken home the top prize. But we're the girls better looking - second place ladies looked pretty good...

Jeff. It was great to see you also (at your home track). Hope you get your missing gremlin worked out. I watched (and heard) your last run...Your mopar Pal, Mike

Congratulations Mike, that's quite an accomplishment! You still got the fever!!!

Mike I wish I could have made it out there you did a great job as I knew you would. I just got my car back together yesterday and went out to sonoma last night. My car finally got it's act together. the new Phonix tires, suspension and the al driveshaft were all in sync. ( just not me) the car ran a 10.75 and a 10.76 so I was happy with those numbers. I will put up a video from my helmet cams since I dont have any outside the car shots. I went alone last night.

Good stuff. I actually saw your car on the live stream on Hot Rod off facebook. Was kinda cool! Well done, runner up isn't anything to be mad about!

Congrats & great job!

side note - aren't you afraid someone here might piss their pants if they spot the two ladies in short shorts in your pics?! I mean, geez what if a young child logs on & sees that? sarcasm mode off...

Again, thanks for posting your results. You should be proud.

Nice runner up anyway

Auto Transport Service
Back