• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

must watch video of the day

Reed Timmer is the most irritating storm chaser on the internet.... It's some cool video but it's better with no sound...

Mother nature don't play!!!!!

I have personally seen a poured concrete hi-way with a black-top overlay(Iowa Hi-way 25 just north of Creston, IA) COMPLETELY pulled up off the road bed by an F5 tornado ....took it all the way down to the dirt!!!!!

Mother Nature is one cruel B-tch, when she wants to be...

That was absolutely incredible!! I've never seen anything like that before. Beautiful, but that tail is deadly!! WOW. Thanks for sharing!

Reminds me of my second marriage disaster- "Typhoon Theresa"
She didnt suck my manhole cover off though...

I'm fine with our earthquakes and fires. I don't think there is anywhere on the planet that doesn't get hit with something. Floods, hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, avalanches, fires etc. Take your pick.

I'm fine with our earthquakes and fires. I don't think there is anywhere on the planet that doesn't get hit with something. Floods, hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, avalanches, fires etc. Take your pick.
We get Blizzards and some heavy snow occasionally.
And plenty of dreary days in fall/winter.
But from now until November it's hard to beat our area. We don't have any of the natural disasters you've listed.

Last earthquake I actually felt was Loma Preita in 89.... These 2's & 3's unless you are practically on top of it the only way you know it happened is the geologists said so... That's basically true until you get up to about a five.... You have a 4.5 within twenty miles probably 25-30% of the people will notice... But there probably won't be any damage...

We get Blizzards and some heavy snow occasionally.
And plenty of dreary days in fall/winter.
But from now until November it's hard to beat our area. We don't have any of the natural disasters you've listed.
we rarely get any of it here either
Our sunshine and mild climate are a tradeoff. No big bug creating, mold inducing humidity. I had a great time some years ago going to the AMBR show in Pomona with two of my neighbors. One was a Cape Cod native and the other was an airline mechanic was at La Guardia for a time. The climate stories those two guys talked and laughed about amazed me.

Auto Transport Service
Back