• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 64 more door Belvedere-doing a two tone or should I say 3 tone

barbee6043

Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
I saved it from a fate of a parts car, and after decades of the "good" stuff it is my fun driver. I have always been pretty much a purist and mostly as "day 2" kind if guy. Just a solid poly 318, PD, Smittybilt A100 stye buckets, I did the bottom color in 64 Ply Antique Gold and Spinnaker White above. Now I have decided to do the roof in a BLACK> 3 tone. My first ever in a "wild" custom adventure! LOL

I am asking comments as to what black?? Gloss, Satin or even a custom mix to make it sort of a " charcoal" flavor.

And, hey , IF you tell me I have NO taste and ruined a perfect good Mopar I can take the heat!!!

Other question: I have fabbed some MW scoops just like the originals out of 20 ga. mild steel plate but I have thinking of doing one for this car out of aluminum. Question is what gauge do I need. 18 ga????? or what. I like the look, I like it lets heat out of the engine compartment, the hood is not that great, and I know some will not approve!!!!

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0028 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

I saved it from a fate of a parts car, and after decades of the "good" stuff it is my fun driver. I have always been pretty much a purist and mostly as "day 2" kind if guy. Just a solid poly 318, PD, Smittybilt A100 stye buckets, I did the bottom color in 64 Ply Antique Gold and Spinnaker White above. Now I have decided to do the roof in a BLACK> 3 tone. My first ever in a "wild" custom adventure! LOL

I am asking comments as to what black?? Gloss, Satin or even a custom mix to make it sort of a " charcoal" flavor.

And, hey , IF you tell me I have NO taste and ruined a perfect good Mopar I can take the heat!!!

Other question: I have fabbed some MW scoops just like the originals out of 20 ga. mild steel plate but I have thinking of doing one for this car out of aluminum. Question is what gauge do I need. 18 ga????? or what. I like the look, I like it lets heat out of the engine compartment, the hood is not that great, and I know some will not approve!!!!

View attachment 1367922

View attachment 1367923

View attachment 1367924
Cool car. I have never been a fan of two tone cars. Nothing wrong with the scoop. Me personally I have always liked the sleeper cop car look. Black steelies with dog dish hub caps. I must have been a cop in a former life :)

Cool car. I have never been a fan of two tone cars. Nothing wrong with the scoop. Me personally I have always liked the sleeper cop car look. Black steelies with dog dish hub caps. I must have been a cop in a former life :)
20210911_125539.jpg

I think the Fury 4-door sedans came with a chrome trim piece at the base of the roof that you could use as a paint break of you are painting your roof a different colour.

I think the Fury 4-door sedans came with a chrome trim piece at the base of the roof that you could use as a paint break of you are painting your roof a different colour.
Yes I have those pieces coming from good ole Joe Suchy.
I admit I have alwas done factory colors and oem stuff. Dog dishe and steelie have always been my thing. I do lke the old style mags on the moor doors though. This Bel is my first moor door and a fun car.

I can’t imagine it would look good at all with a black roof.

What is so wrong with the looks right now? I like it! The colors all work together with the interior also.

And in SE Texas with a black roof wont that make the cabin way hotter inside?

You are correct, a black roof would be hotter. It goes on short runs, mostly in cooler month.

One thing about it, IF I did not like it, easy for me to change back!!

All opinions appreciated!!

Well you have 2 really great body lines between the green and white. My suggestion would be to use that and start in the front with a solid black and do a fade to green behind the rear door.

Auto Transport Service
Back