• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 65 Coronet 500

bink220

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
Bought this car June of this year. The seller was losing his job because of downsizing and had to sell. He did the body work and paint. Still fine-tuning the car.
Photo Jun 18, 3 25 38 PM.jpgPhoto Jun 18, 3 24 19 PM.jpgPhoto Jun 18, 3 22 43 PM.jpgPhoto Jun 18, 3 23 18 PM.jpgPhoto Jun 18, 3 25 20 PM.jpg

I like it, old school perfect.
Doug

I have the same wheels for the back of my '65 Satellite. Hows the interior? The exterior and motor are on the money! Great car.

65 Coronet 500 is a good choice dude, I like it! :icon_super:
It is kinda hard finding certain parts for our model, but its worth all the trouble.

Greetings from Germany,

Dan

moparker, the interior is alot better now: had to repair the dash pad, cleaned/polished the dash and trim. Someone butchered up the face plate and metal dash frame for an after market radio, made a delete plate for the radio opening. Rebuilt the driver's seat with new foam, made my own seat covers from the ones that came with the car. Removed a crappy tack from the console and used an old horn button center to replace the tach. Secured the console to the floor. Removed a big/bulky 4 way flasher push-pull switch from under the dash (the one that grandpap had in his old pickup}. Just to mention some of the things that I have corrected or changed. Thanks for the post. It's 17 degrees here, I'll try and do a few photos. Bink

DSCN9981.jpgDSCN9985.jpgDSCN9988.jpg before

- - - Updated - - -

afterDSCN0144.jpgDSCN0146.jpgDSCN0147.jpgDSCN0148.jpgDSCN0149.jpgDSCN0150.jpgDSCN0152.jpgDSCN0153.jpgDSCN0156.jpgDSCN0157.jpg

Doesn't look like you've got too much fine tuning to do an that FINE ride . . . but enjoy the "ride" ! ! !

Boy does she look nice ! ! !

Thank you. Still have a bunch of little things that bug me. One thing that is missing is the emblem on the trunk lid. Wanna do weather stripping around the windows, adjust the doors/windows better, little stuff.

bigaadams: here are a few pic'sDSCN0171.jpgDSCN0172.jpgDSCN0174.jpgDSCN0175.jpgDSCN0176.jpgDSCN0177.jpgDSCN0178.jpgDSCN0180.jpgDSCN0182.jpgDSCN0183.jpgDSCN0184.jpgDSCN0185.jpg

excellent...this is a great help...I took measurement and concluded that the drivers side fender had in the past been changed and the person/shop did not align and set the left badge on correctly...now that I am changing that fender yet again...I want to ensure it is closer to being correct...again many thanks for your help...I measured a couple older cars I have here...the trim is not dead on each side compared to the other except on the '76 Tradesman van..I would have though mirror image in the production process...most were about 1/2 to 1 inch difference left to right

No nonsense big block in can't lose resale red.

Love the period correct chrome reverse.

Just clan up the interior and it's perfect.

Auto Transport Service
Back