• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 66 Satellite street car project

I bought the hose and fittings from
anplumbing.com and spoke with the salesman who set me up with the fittings and hose as a package. Also the same fitting was supplied in the kit I got from talon hydraulics for the hydroboot. As you stated maybe hose manufacturers should have some Kind of markings to differentiate their hose from others especially when the fittings do not work with other peoples hoses then as an end consumer we wouldn’t be left scratching our head.

Can't believe I missed this thread - beautiful car. I feel your pain with the transmission issues - after paying for 4 transmissions only to take 'em back out immediately I decided to do my own. Seems to me like you have the skills to do yours yourself too - read up and give it a try.

Hate to hear about all of the gremlins...you should however be very proud! It is a fine ride!
Did you ever get he has pump set up? Have you tried using a larger pulley?
Keep grinding... it will come around, you've come to far to start regretting it.

Update, Trans back in a works good, Got the headers clean with some white Diamond polish, Thanks (67Coronet440) that **** is amazing. Also used the Harbor freight buffing kit that (eddie102870) recommended, Thanks for the suggestions! As far as the Vac Pump goes I'm going to leave it mounted with the belt removed and install a Wagner adjustable PCV valve and maybe just use the Vac Pump when I go racing....Car stalls a bit lower then it used too, will flash and hold @ 4800 WOT but cruise around 50mph (Back country roads) at a very reasonable 1800-2000 with the Gear vendors and 4:10 gears, Very efficient! I had an issue when no matter what I did I couldn't shift the thing fast enough without it bouncing of the limiter and falling on it's face. I went through the MSD Programmable 3 times and all looked good. I was starting to rethink my decision of the low gear kit in the trans (2.77 first gear) but yesterday when playing with the FAST XFI I noticed there was a fuel cutoff set at 6000 rpm and cuton at 5800, So no matter what I did it would fall on it's face till it dropped below 5800 then come back in again and bounce within the window popin and banging till i shifted. So anyway with the fuel cutoff solved and the RPM limits reset she pulls hard to 6800 with no issue and I am very happy with the performance. Still have some stuff to figure out like why the rear is whining and deciding if the Detroit Locker is right for me. It's very clunky going into third and when transitioning on and off the gas. Also needs an alignment bad better days are here.

IMG_4604[1].PNG IMG_4603[1].JPG

Last edited:
Hell ya I knew that polish would work, couldn’t believe how good it worked when I tried it the first time on my old oxidized wheels.

Good read ! One question as I am missing the big picture , why a vacuum pump when you have hydro boost ?

Vac pump isn't intended to pull manifold vacuum as that is something different. It is intended to pull crankcase vacuum seating the rings better, keeping oil cleaner, and keep oil leak to a minimum. Also It's worth about 20hp on the dyno!

Vac pump isn't intended to pull manifold vacuum as that is something different. It is intended to pull crankcase vacuum seating the rings better, keeping oil cleaner, and keep oil leak to a minimum. Also It's worth about 20hp on the dyno!
Interesting , I didn’t know that , thanks!! Sounds like your sealed too good if your sucking the oil out of it lol

So a few setbacks over the past couple weeks. I was playing around and stabbed the throttle at about a 10 mph roll in first gear and Grenaded the rear. Limped it as far as I could to a safe place and walked home to get the trailer. Got it home, yanked the axles, and pulled the center section to have a look. Broke more than a few teeth of the ring gear but Locker, Case, and axles look unharmed.

IMG_4676.JPG IMG_4677.JPG IMG_4678.JPG

I was planning on going to a good sized car show in Burlington NJ and this happend the night before. So I had an old center with an open diff and 2.90 something gears laying around and decided to throw that in. A couple hrs later good to go (or so I thought) jumped in the car started her up and well, No first gear, 2nd and 3rd are there but got nothing for 1st. put the car in 2nd drove around the block and said **** it I'm going anyway....Just so you know 2.93 (I think) gears, 30" tall tires and 2nd gear starts on 5000 stall converter sound pretty bad *** rolling through a 1/4 mile long line of car show entrants down the main strip with everyone starring. Was kinda fun!

So at the end of the day it was all worth it as I took Judges Choice award out of 231 cars. Made it all worth it.

IMG_4687.JPG IMG_4685.JPG IMG_4692.JPG IMG_4686.JPG

Last edited:
As far as the rear goes, and I know a lot of you will probably not agree with my decision, But I went with a Strange HD Pro Aluminum thru bolted Case ford 9'' with a Strange S-Trac, 35 Spline axles, and 4.30 gears. Housing narrowed 8" back braced with big Mopar ends and spring mounts. Strange told me should be good for 1600hp but that the street gears were the limiting factor. Yes I know a Dana would work too but being 35 pounds lighter and still having the removable center I went that direction. Should be done in about a week then I'll pull the trans to see what broke there.

prf180-3pjm-768x768.jpg

I can see why they chose your ride, that's one sharp Mopar! I can definitely see your reasoning on the rear, it's awful hard to move away from a removable center once you've had one.

As far as the rear goes, and I know a lot of you will probably not agree with my decision, But I went with a Strange HD Pro Aluminum thru bolted Case ford 9'' with a Strange S-Trac, 35 Spline axles, and 4.30 gears. Housing narrowed 8" back braced with big Mopar ends and spring mounts. Strange told me should be good for 1600hp but that the street gears were the limiting factor. Yes I know a Dana would work too but being 35 pounds lighter and still having the removable center I went that direction. Should be done in about a week then I'll pull the trans to see what broke there.

View attachment 668170
Nice set up

build it...break it...make it better...have a blast....seems you have it figured out.

Had mini tubbed done on mine also using 12 inch wheels...... your car looks awesome

IMG952018051795155539105_2.jpg IMG952018051695185126431.jpg IMG952018051795161023157.jpg

Very nice. You running a slick on the street or strip duty only?
No double duty car I'll probably run some MT et street 325's .... the tire that's in the pictures are 29/10.5w

looks a lot wider than a 10.50 from the pictures. I'm running 390/45-15 so 14.5" wide and it's tight!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back