• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 68 LL1 Runner is almost ready

It’s funny how this color looks different over the years and in different lights. Back in the 80’s I always referred to the car as “the green dart “ now it has more of a blue hue to it depending on the type of lighting like nature sun light, overcast day, flash or even florescent shop lights vs LED shop lights.

Cliff Ramsdell

Welcome aboard from Ohio.

Beautiful cars. How do I make sure I get the right color of LL1 for my 68? Do the paint stores have a formula or do they have to match it?

welcome to FBBO great looking road runner i really like that color

love the color

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Snowy Sierras

68 RR, mine in LL1
68 RR LL1 10-29-2017 #4a PS frt.JPG

Beautiful cars. How do I make sure I get the right color of LL1 for my 68? Do the paint stores have a formula or do they have to match it?
My body guy is 78 and doing this his entire life. He made a lot of calls before he got the correct formula he could check against original paint under the windshield moldings.

My 4 spd post coupe is an original LL1 car and with any luck will be again soon. Yours looks fantastic!:thumbsup:

I was told that the color was only put on in 68 before mopar changed the mix to a lighter shade. My body man had a chore getting the correct formula.
Many years ago, the painter at our small town body shop would actually mix the paint to match the aging of the existing paint if the customer wanted it. He was very good.

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. I too like the color, you don't see too many of them.

My body guy is 78 and doing this his entire life. He made a lot of calls before he got the correct formula he could check against original paint under the windshield moldings.
Mine is going to have to match the inside of the trunk lid. As far as I know it's still Original paint.

Auto Transport Service
Back