• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 71 Road Runner 340/727 F7

Yes it has for about 35 year. It’s had a tarp on it 30 of those years though but out in the sun. It did a real number on the soft parts but didn’t hurt the sheet metal very bad. We only average 2.5” of rain a year and very little humidity as well.
Just a bit further inland in Texas makes a big difference. Just bought a 64 Dart that was from the San Antonio area that's solid as can be. I also have a 66 Belvedere that's also pretty decent from the middle of Texas but everything from the Houston Gulf Coast area is shot unless it was garage kept. Crazy fog this morning and 100% humidity is pretty common where I live. Then we have those days where it's cool and crisp during the night and then a warm 'wave' rolls in during the early morning hours and makes everything sweat when the garage door is opened.

Yeah 71Beeper, since I went from the 340 to the 440 I wanted to lose some of that weight up front. Also my other Sunday driver is an 81 308 GTSI and I really like taking the corners really fast!

Well, the new Tremec 6 Speed trans, bell housing, clutch and all the goodies showed up today. Boy I sure wish I would have started the restoration a few years ago. Everything is crazy expensive now. :mad:

IMG_6730.PNG

IMG_6731.PNG

IMG_6732.PNG

WIN_20240401_10_21_48_Pro.jpg

WIN_20240402_10_44_12_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Just decided to go down the A/C rabbit whole! :eek:

Most likely a Vintage Air setup.

tempImageVJ33Ce.png

Cool Ferrari, interesting color, is it factory? I’ve always liked those. Back when they could be had between 30-40k I thought I should get one. Even then, I felt it was too much to take on so I didn’t.
Travis..

Cool Ferrari, interesting color, is it factory? I’ve always liked those. Back when they could be had between 30-40k I thought I should get one. Even then, I felt it was too much to take on so I didn’t.
Travis..
Yes, it is a factory color! The wife payed $25K 25 years ago. Funny thing is, every thing I have ever bought new auto wise has been that color! It’s been 3 now including my 2021 Jeep. I was thinking on painting the RR this color, Snazzberry Peal but decided to go original.

IMG_8940.jpeg

Well, it is official now! I have finished the restoration on part of the car to 100% complete!

You eat the elephant one bite at a time! Working on finding the rally instruments with the tach since I can’t modify my no tach panal. : /

One of the K-Member bolts would not come out. It finally snapped off and after a couple days of trying to get it out and snapping 2 easy outs in the process. The decision was made to replace the frame rails.

IMG_8984.jpeg

IMG_8987.jpeg

IMG_8990.jpeg

IMG_8985.jpeg

Just heard from HBR, the engine shop and the motor should be done next week sometime. I just need to get the accessories, oil pan for the QA1 upgrade and mounting brackets. Swapping from 340 to 440/505 needed mostly everything. Decided on a little eye candy.

IMG_9005.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back