• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Brothers 68 Coronet R/T project.

ChazRam

Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
I posted quite awhile ago some pictures of my brothers car right after he bought it. It went into his garage while he took care of family matters. Things are in order now so its time to work on the beast.
We cleaned the car up some and started to decide which to do first. The fuel system seemed to be a good place to start. EVERYTHING is being replaced. The fuel and vent lines, tank, pickup/sender, fuel pump, straps, blanket, filler tube filter, and carb rebuild. We have everything but the tank and vent line which will be here this week. We stripped off most of the fuel system and started installing what we had and are waiting for the rest of the parts. Eventually new leaf springs will be going on so until then a new set of air shocks are replacing the old ones which were bad and to take a bit of sag out of the rear of the car. He bought a set of 14 inch Magnums so we put them on as well. Below are some pictures of the car before and after and some more of the car itself. More will be posted as the work unfolds and is completed.
Chas.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 302
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 359
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 305
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 323
Some more pics

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 291
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 277
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 287
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 282
Someone get that fella in the background a cold lemonade..He looks a little parched.

Nice looking R/T....Love the 68's as well

Thanks guys, yeah he was a little parched. He is not quite up to ramming speed yet but even so he is dedicated to getting this car out on the road. Call it 'Mopar Therapy'. Its amazing how a nice Mopar can make you forget how crappy you feel sometimes LOL. This car is a dream of his and I get to share in the build. In other words I gotta do most of the friggin work ROFL. Its going to take a bit to get this 440 Magnum beast back to its glory but since my car is about done I have a little time on my hands. The truth, im kind of bored with my car anyhow. NOBODY TELLS MY WIFE OR IM TOAST!!!!!

Oh by the way, notice where my brother is in the shots. Because he is still not 100% and it was 100 degress in the shade he spent alot of time there. We had to get the car outside due to ripping the fuel system out of the car. The garage is right on the front of the house and I can only imagine what his wife would have said when the gas spilled if that car was still in the garage???

Good to hear he's back on the road to a decent recovery. Mighty swell of ya to help your bro out! Good luck on the rest of your freshening up of the R/T and you guys stay cool down there..

Auto Transport Service
Back