• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Buddy in Newfoundland having a very bad day.

Kent that's what's left of a 6 cylinder, $60K engine, and a constant speed prop. You can see the engine mount, part of the firewall and the steel tubes going out each way are the wing struts. All that's left of a Maule M5, wheel skis, floats. The second picture shows what's left of his new sled...

I seen that Wayne. I knew it was a bird of some sort. Can see what left of the prop and I do believe the seats. Never clued into the sled until you said. Must of been a scorcher. The heat involved to do that. They sure are lucky it never took their home. Bad choice of words, but you know what I'm trying to say.

any updates of your friend Wayne?
Not really. He salvaged a few hand tools out of the tool chest, everything else is dust. Airplane had no insurance on it, dumb ***, and not sure about his sled, the side by side or any of the other stuff. His Son and Her two kids started a "no dignity' fund for them. Not sure how that is going. One thing that just rubs me the wrong way is a Go Fund Me....

Last edited:
Do they know what truly started it?

I talked to my sled guy and he believed it would have come with a lead acid battery. But there was possibly fuel leak issues

Auto Transport Service
Back