• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Charger project

Link works fine, Car looking good.. Time and patience... sometimes both hard. Good luck!

Thank you Sir we are slowly gaining on it finally got one trunk gutter in learned what not to do so the other should be a little easier and the shell outside metal work is done engine bay is next after we mock the 440 in for fittament mods.Then it's body work time.

Nice work....I sometimes say the same thing too My Son...He replies I should hurry up and finish, so He has less work too do. HMMMMMM

Thank you,Just so ya'll know my payment from my son is going to be a 904 tranny [supposedly packed with high performance parts] for my 66 cuda, and dinner most friday nights at the cruise in. But im sure if he ends up not liking it he will give it to me.

Glad to see you are making progress.

Thank you sir,it's coming along it would get done quicker if i did not take so many breaks.

keep up the good work! The more you complete.....it gets closer and closer.....before you know it, it will be ready to squirt color on it!

Keep on keepin' on,
Jason

Thanks jaak, i read your thread you did a fine job on yours,i can't wait for the paint to go on then i can start my favorite part of hot rodding the mechanicals.I would rather do motors and suspensions,trannies,rears than body work any day.Unfotunately when this ones done my son has uttered the idea of doing another nissan 240SX track car [so no body work] so my cuda may never get done.

Best advise I can give about body work is when it comes to the sanding process is..... be PATIENT! Block sanding sucks, plain and simple, just don't rush it...it will pay off in the long run. Sometimes I would just block one panel and call it a day, come in the next evening block another one, and so on. Be sure to use a 'guide coat' while block sanding to see your work. I primed and blocked my Charger four times.... but it was worth it!

Jason

That's the plan, i think i saved your thread to my favorites for future ref. i know a paint job is only as good as the prep underneath Thanks again jaak.

Up dated thread after several bouts with my sons attitude and his wanting to get rid of this thing he has finally accepted the idea that it will get done eventually and we have been making progress the enginebay is primer/sealed [he sprayed it]and the passengers quarter is close,i have hung the doors and fenders for alignment and sanding/body work,gonna do that this week [since it's raining and no shows to go to] once thats done turn it around and do the other side then skim coat,sealer,high build,blocking and more blocking hopeing for paint by the end of the year.
http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/lou3500/charger project/

Big job but when its over it sure will be a good looking car. Good luck on it, to both of you! I seen your photo album, Looks like its coming along good...

Thank you, we feel it is sanding and smoothing is the name of the game now.

Project is looking great, It's a Looooooooong drawn out project, sometimes... keep up the good work

Thanks,i broke the news to my son about the supplys he needs to purchase to continue the body work,hopefully he'll do that this week. He has two weeks to do it [i'm working late next several weeks] won't be in any mood to mess with his car after work.

Auto Transport Service
Back