• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My charger restoration dream car

What kind of grease are you using one the moving parts. I want to go ahead and get some so when I go to put everything back in, I gots the right stuff!

Your tail light fixed up great!

X2 on bearing grease. White lithium is also good.

I installed my fuel tank. I looked at several pictures of the fuel tank straps and decided that I liked the look of the black straps on the shiny fuel tank, so after cleaning the straps with the wire wheel I painted them black before installing them.

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0896.JPG

Nice accent.

Last edited:
Slow down your getting ahead of me!

BTW I used some of the white/clear grease they sent me with my PST suspension poly parts. Really thick and sticky. I'd like to find out what it is so I can get some more. Worked great on brake pedal assm.

BTW I used some of the white/clear grease they sent me with my PST suspension poly parts. Really thick and sticky. I'd like to find out what it is so I can get some more. Worked great on brake pedal assm.
I like that grease also. I have some left over from my kit and have been using it too.

I have been working on restoring my e-brake pedal.
IMG_0832.JPG

The bushing that supports the spring and release handle was shot and someone had wired it to prevent the spring from sliding up the rod. I found a bushing that will work and a flair rivet at ace hardware so that I could remove it and replace it correctly.
IMG_0897.JPG

After sand blasting it I made sure that I cleaned and blew out all of the sand and repainted it. I then re-greased all the moving parts. The brake release handle no longer had white paint in the letters and was hard to read. after removing it I also repainted the letters.
IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

I first taped it off and then painted the full front.
IMG_0909.JPG

When the paint was still fresh I carefully cleaned off the face with paint thinner on a paper towel.
IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0915.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

How did you get the handle off the shaft? I have been struggling with that part myself.
The handle is held in with a roll pin. I set the pin area over a small socket and drove the pin all of the way through. To reattach it I reversed the process. To remove the shaft from the e-brake unit I just used a dremil to ground one side of the rivet off.
IMG_0906.JPG

I'm sure that there might be better ways to grease parts in small places. I thought that I would show what worked for me.
I used a syringe that I had for my livestock and put a small tube on it and I can get it in small places. This could be filled with white lithium grease or any of your choice. I then worked the grease in to the cracks with a thin tooth pick.
IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

I'm sure that there might be better ways to grease parts in small places. I thought that I would show what worked for me.
I used a syringe that I had for my livestock and put a small tube on it and I can get it in small places. This could be filled with white lithium grease or any of your choice. I then worked the grease in to the cracks with a thin tooth pick.
View attachment 343480

View attachment 343481

Wow! That looks awesome. I juat painted mine black. I wished I had spent more time on it now.

I fixed my mistake on my tail light and I think that I am OK with it.
Here is a poor picture bit I first dremeled some groves in the pot metal for better adhesion.
View attachment 338347
I then epoxied the stud in with JB Weld.
View attachment 338348
Bondoed and sanded the front side.
View attachment 338349
I went ahead and repainted the whole bezel to make sure it all looked the same then reinstalled it.
View attachment 338350
If you notice that one of the lenses is missing the metal ring. I had two of them fall off my new lenses but I do still have them. Apparently they were not attached very well. I will make sure that I glue them back better. What glue do any of you think would do the best? C A glue?

Hello Showard,
I was looking at the picture of your repaired light housing and have a question about the black paint you used. It looks like a satin of some sort, perhaps the textured organisol treatment? Also it seems to be the same color as what you have on the tail panel. Is that correct and do you have any advice for me? Thanks!

Hello Showard,
I was looking at the picture of your repaired light housing and have a question about the black paint you used. It looks like a satin of some sort, perhaps the textured organisol treatment? Also it seems to be the same color as what you have on the tail panel. Is that correct and do you have any advice for me? Thanks!
Yes, it is a satin black and yes it is the same black that is on the tail panel. After I fixed it and got it ready to paint I asked my painter what paint to use so that it would match and he told me to leave it and he would paint it the same as my tail panel for free. If you would like I could ask him what paint he used.

Auto Transport Service
Back