• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Christmas gift wouldn't fit down the chimney

Does anyone know what these two items on the window sticker are?

C65 Foam Front Seat Cushion $8.30
&
Y21 Special headers and Tag Instructions

00n0n_8ablsrks6o6_0ew0jm_1200x900-jpg.jpg

Does anyone know what these two items on the window sticker are?

C65 Foam Front Seat Cushion $8.30
&
Y21 Special headers and Tag Instructions

View attachment 1045958
Sounds like it might have been a modified seat foam insert - "C65 Air Foam Front Seat"
Ref: 69to71OptCodes.PDF (blackhillsmopars.org)

Y21 - "Special Headers" may refer to the pay grade of the employee that car was made for - original owner might have been a Junior Exec type, or higher in Chrysler.....just throwing the idea out there. :)

First notice that the sold to is Chrysler Motors Corp. Roseville CP is the ship to dealer. This was a " Field Car" meaning a Chrysler Sales office employee drove it or was intending to. This was common as all sales and service personnel drove corporate vehicles. The person the vehicle was built for was "Jura"

Very nice! Any changes planned or leave it as is?

Very nice! Any changes planned or leave it as is?

I want to get rid of the inside hood release & at some point I'll order new headpipes, yank the headers and put the stock manifolds back on. Other than that, it just needs to be cleaned up a bit and make sure that everything is in proper working order.

Nice score RC! Nobody knows what you really want for Christmas better than you do! You gonna keep this one? I would have kept the white one!

I grabbed this explanation from a post a long time ago about the Y21 code (and Y85). I am posting it unedited so fill in the respective dealer from the window sticker above. Credit to "Dave"???? I do not know what VIN the below was in reference to but if I find it I will post....found it....see below.

D

Are you asking what "Special Headers & Tag Instructions" means? If so, anything special could require this. Headers (or Footers) were (and still are) usually supplemental instructions for shipping and billing. As you might have noted this car was "dropped shipped" to a dealer - Dodge Country (not the sold to dealer). The special instructions for a "Charlotte Drive Away" indicate that this car was probably prepped for some dealer promotional event (we still do them today). This is where dealers come to an event then take their car home with them. The Y85 option sets up prep and payment but not a gas fill-up. Hope this helps some. Dave

69_LR_265987_WM23_E87_922345_WS_0424.jpg

Last edited:
Nice catch!!! Love red and black cars !!!

I want to get rid of the inside hood release & at some point I'll order new headpipes, yank the headers and put the stock manifolds back on. Other than that, it just needs to be cleaned up a bit and make sure that everything is in proper working order.
Remember I let ECS use my OE head pipes to make jig and make my set, so that's where to order from when the time comes!

Very nice Road Runner Mark. What other paperwork did you get with it? When you get a chance to look it over, I would be interested in the various date codes it has. She is in the middle of the A12 cars, hence my inquiry.

D

Auto Transport Service
Back