• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Christmas gift wouldn't fit down the chimney

K Frame date: Stamped in the front of the K frame right above the yoke support. Please let me know what the bottom of the K looks like as well.
Wiper motor: Numbers stamped in the barrel of the motor. Should be facing straight up.
Engine assembly date (EAD): Stamp pad on the right side of the engine block in front of the right head.
Transmission: VIN stamp pad right side of the transmission.
Radiator: Right side mounting bracket 1/2 way down.
Lower control arms (LCA): Forward facing rivets, 2 on each side.

Thanks for all the info!

My 383 x 4 gear Bee came standard with a yellow cap 24 series battery. I suspect the RR would have been the same.. as well as the regular round back single field alternator.

E63 engine code on the fender tag = 383 HP and STD with that is a 37 Amp single grove alternator and a 59 amp series 24 Yellow cap battery.

Being that this car has the HP axle package, what amperage should the alternator be?
Per the '69 FSM

Current Output-
Standard With 170 or 225 Cu. In. Engine .......................26 plus or minus 3 amps
Standard with 318, 340, 273, 383, 426, 440 Engines ....34.5 plus or minus 3 amps
Heavy Duty and/or Air Conditioning.................................41 plus or minus 3 amps
Special Equipment,..........................................................51 plus or minus 3 amps

Last edited:
Would the HP axle package qualify to be heavy duty of standard with all of the big blocks?

Alternator date codes are (week - year). Looking at the picture posted it appears to be 3 - 68, or third week of 1968. This would be extremely early for a May 1969 built car. Even if the date is 3 - 69, it is still early but at least in the ballpark. Can you see any of the pinwheel date codes on the alternator. There will be one on the front and one on the back.

D

I talked with the original owner today & he told me that the original alternator had a warranty problem with the pulley or balance issue. He said that the alternator would shake & long bolt would back itself out. It did it one time to many and the bolt broke off in the head. The alternator was replaced under warranty & that's supposedly what's on the car now.

Would the HP axle package qualify to be heavy duty of standard with all of the big blocks?

I don’t recall what axle package you have but for example, my 70 RR had the A31 Performance Axle package which drove a lot of HD stuff.

Has 440 torsion bars and rear springs, k-frame “skid” reinforcement plate, HD cooling 26” rad and shroud, torque drive fan, cooler on power steering pump, in addition to the 3.91 sure grip with larger u-joints.

Don’t know what alternator it came with but more than likely HD. That’s all from memory, so hopefully someone will correct me if I’m mistaken.

I read what all the axle packages came with years ago. I’ll see if I can find it but someone else may have it already.

I consulted with the experts and the different looking Airtex fuel pump is the original one being built on Wednesday April 16, 1969 (1069)

pump.jpg

And it still works 51 years later with the original diaphragm! If only they made other diaphragms like that!

I see the car was delivered to Roseville C/P in Michigan. Would be interesting to know how & when the car made it to Massachusetts. Did the second owner acquire the car in Michigan? Did you purchase the car in Mass?

I see the car was delivered to Roseville C/P in Michigan. Would be interesting to know how & when the car made it to Massachusetts. Did the second owner acquire the car in Michigan? Did you purchase the car in Mass?

The original owner lived in MI and worked for Chrysler. He moved to NY some years ago & took the car with him. He sold it to someone a half hour away from him 5 years ago and I bought it from that person.

Just to narrow it down.
I never owned the car.

View attachment 1048355

Someone must have added the fan shroud, but what confuses me is why is the upper radiator hose on the right side? My 383 is on the left side.

26 inch radiators means axle pkg on a 383 car. and shroud would be standard as such.

BTW,

A friend of mien was looking at this car but couldn't get past the title was not in then current owners name

The brake system was all crudded up & I sent these parts out to be re-sleeved and rebuilt. Got them all installed today and got the system bled.

brakes-jpg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back