• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My daughter's cat is a cold-blooded killer!

what the heck is that lol

It's some kind of a propane wand with an igniter. I guess you can't make any more of a mess out of your yard than the moles are?

There's many youtube vids on these. The ones that people come up with to get rid of gophers are really funny.

This one year old female (Shadow) is just really starting to hone her hunting skills. She has access to outside via a cat door. She has brought in the house birds, mice, voles, dragonflys, a baby rabbit (that I rescued unharmed), cicadas (about 15 this summer), grub worms and Saturday she brought in a chipmunk, it got away from her and hid under the couch where she couldn't get to it. Hopefully it went out the cat door otherwise I will be smelling it soon. I don't want her killing birds or rabbits, but those chipmunks as cute as they are cause too much damage under my house and in my yard so I let her do what she wanted.

Shadow 3.jpg

Had a cat in the family when I was a kid that loved June bugs. She would bring them into the house and bat them around until they stopped making noises and go get another to continue.

Had a cat in the family when I was a kid that loved June bugs. She would bring them into the house and bat them around until they stopped making noises and go get another to continue.
That's what mine did with cicadas this summer, 2 or 3 a day. By the time she brought them in the house the wings were damaged so they just buzzed around on the floor, she would play with them until they quit moving and were no fun anymore.

This one year old female (Shadow) is just really starting to hone her hunting skills. She has access to outside via a cat door. She has brought in the house birds, mice, voles, dragonflys, a baby rabbit (that I rescued unharmed), cicadas (about 15 this summer), grub worms and Saturday she brought in a chipmunk, it got away from her and hid under the couch where she couldn't get to it. Hopefully it went out the cat door otherwise I will be smelling it soon. I don't want her killing birds or rabbits, but those chipmunks as cute as they are cause too much damage under my house and in my yard so I let her do what she wanted.

View attachment 1373870
Gotta love them black cats, here's our pair of natural born killers.
20221108_203716.jpg

Our first golden retriever hunted lizards, mostly anoles, in the bushes around the house. He'd catch one and then go play with it in the yard. Eventually mortally wounding it, but he could carry one around unharmed for quite a while. He also used to catch gopher tortoises in the woods near our house. He'd almost prance he was so proud when he'd come out of the woods with a big ole tortoise in his mouth.

Our current golden has killed several baby bunnies - ate one while running away from my wife who was trying to get her to give it up. Wife says she'll never get the sound of the bunny squealing and bones crunching out of her head lol. She also killed one of neighbors chickens when it got out.

It's ironic that I mentioned my cat chasing a chipmunk in my living room on Saturday, later last night I was in there and saw this on the floor beside the wall. Turns out there is a bobtail chipmunk somewhere around. If it's smart it will move somewhere else!

Chipmunk tail.jpg

I don't like cats but when they bring you you gifts you need to respect them by accepting it. Don't be a dick!

When I came home from work today there was something odd looking on my back driveway. When I got to it there was one of the stray kittens with its head stuck in a soup can. Well these kittens are not very friendly, i felt very lucky to have only gotten scratched twice while taking it off. I would have taken a picture but I felt so bad for the little guy.

I got home from my walk tonight and check out my bed, it looks like a killing field from Shadow's exploits, 1 year old female cat. The body you see I believe is a short tail shrew, could be a mole but don't think so. I later found the partially eaten bird under a dresser. Last week I was wakened by something against the back my head around 1:30PM, I thought it was her since she sleeps on my bed most of the time, but reached back and didn't feel her, I turned on the light and she wasn't to be seen, so assuming I was imagining things I turned off the light, laid back down only to feel something moving again. This time I was pretty sure something was in my pillow so I got up and dressed and went outside into the carport. I pulled the pillow out of the pillow case and then turned the case upside down and shook it. The same type animal that was dead on my bed tonight fell out and scooted under a car. She seems to be able to get them pretty easy. Confirmed kills in the last 5 days, two mice, a shrew and a bird. I hate that she's going after birds don't know how to stop her...

Shadow 11-28-2002 kills.jpg

Shadow 2.jpg

When I came home from work today there was something odd looking on my back driveway. When I got to it there was one of the stray kittens with its head stuck in a soup can. Well these kittens are not very friendly, i felt very lucky to have only gotten scratched twice while taking it off. I would have taken a picture but I felt so bad for the little guy.
Keep a close eye on those scratches.
Had a friend develop a bad case of
sepsis after a wild kitty scratch.
They're also known to carry the ring
worm virus.

Keep a close eye on those scratches.
Had a friend develop a bad case of
sepsis after a wild kitty scratch.
They're also known to carry the ring
worm virus.
And if you happen to be pregnant, it can cause birth defects.

I got home from my walk tonight and check out my bed, it looks like a killing field from Shadow's exploits, 1 year old female cat. The body you see I believe is a short tail shrew, could be a mole but don't think so. I later found the partially eaten bird under a dresser. Last week I was wakened by something against the back my head around 1:30PM, I thought it was her since she sleeps on my bed most of the time, but reached back and didn't feel her, I turned on the light and she wasn't to be seen, so assuming I was imagining things I turned off the light, laid back down only to feel something moving again. This time I was pretty sure something was in my pillow so I got up and dressed and went outside into the carport. I pulled the pillow out of the pillow case and then turned the case upside down and shook it. The same type animal that was dead on my bed tonight fell out and scooted under a car. She seems to be able to get them pretty easy. Confirmed kills in the last 5 days, two mice, a shrew and a bird. I hate that she's going after birds don't know how to stop her...

View attachment 1379973

View attachment 1379980
Get her fixed & no more outside "fun".

She is fixed...
As long as she stays indoors, MAYBE get front claws removed; not recommended if she gets out though, needs them for protection. Got my 1st female cat a few years ago (daughter-in-law) rescued her from previous owner, she is MOODY for sure!! Had male cats before her.

My previous cat, a female black one also but smaller than this one was a vicious hunter when she was young. She died in her sleep in April at almost 22 years old, I adopted her at an animal shelter as a kitten. This one is still as rambunctious as a kitten, she was 1 year old in July. I would never declaw an animal, I think it's animal cruelty. I just have to somehow mitigate what she brings in the house through the cat door.

22 yrs, lived long life; house cats DO live that long; mom had a 23 yrs old calico female & BEAR was 22 yr old male(mine). Family always had cats, since mid 60s: declawed house cat not cruel in my opinion; catching a claw on rug, furniture etc... can cause serious deadly injury; never had mice or other vermin issues where we live

Auto Transport Service
Back