• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my first B body 73 charger SE 400

fanucme

Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
New to this site here , been an A body guy since I was 16, 1969 Barracuda.

I picked up a 1973 Charger SE Brougham 400 2bbl A/C on sunday.
Ive been watching it on craigslist from the summer where it went from 4500$ down to 2200$ i got it for less , the car was last plated in 1993
sat inside for a while, very solid , I only have cameraphone pics at current.

Ill update after the holiday , happy Thanksgiving all !

welcome and nice car you will like the extra room! post some pic's once you have a chance.

Welcome to FBBO we are building a 73 Charger ourselves,great car nice body lines. [Check out our build in the link if you care to]

welcome to the site post them photos when you can we all love car ****:headbang:

Welcome to the site and congrats on a great Charger can't wait to see it.

welcome to FBBO

Here it is in its filthy glory , so far I've been cleaning out drian holes and debris from the cowl , very solid frame , SE Brougham loaded with Cheeze , my plans are to de-cheeze it ...
photo.jpg

Charger 2.jpg

Welcome,that is a nice car to start a build. Looks like someone got mad at it and kicked a dent in the side.

cleaning up nicely ... I worked the dent out of the quarter panel , trashed all the disgusting interior , got a set of 73 buckets and decent black interior , console and slap stick , and column parts , lucky to get an extra passenger fender and valance in the deal thats not full of mudd
I still have cowl rust to contend with so I'm just trying to get it lot driveable

The hood was rusted and full of bondo on the end so I got a used VFN glass hood, what a load of weight off the car , and found a set of 15" rallyes for it also ...

Charger73.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The Engine was a home to mice so I got lucky and found this 73 Newport with 67,000. We brought a battery and some gas and she fired up , took the 400 2 barrel Engine and Transmission for the Charger ... and have some nice headers too

The dude who sold me the hood took 200$ and my old 8-1/4 Rearend for a drum to drum 8-3/4 '489' open , so thats under the car now too ...

and with 2 two barrel air cleaner housings I made this ...

Donor400.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• charger400.jpg
    charger400.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 128
Auto Transport Service
Back