• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Muscle Car! (story so far)

Welcome to FBBO from snowy Ontario. Great score on your Hemi SuperBee dream car. I bought a new SuperBee in February, 1969. 383,automatic, 3.91 gears, RamAir, side scoops, and power disc brakes. It was a Sunfire Yellow coupe with black interior and bumblebee stripe. $3650 out the door.

Welcome! Gotta love them 69 Coronets, mine don't have the hemi just a 440 with a few modifications
20201017_130729.jpg

GREAT CAR! Man, when you jump in, you use both feet! The N96 is a great setup, but I think there's more to it than $900, not sure what you are missing, but well worth pursuing completing the setup. I love the 69 Bee with the rear quarter scoops like yours, and I have to say, as much as I love the 69 Roadrunner, if I had an A12, I'd prefer the Super Bee.
My real V-code 70 Roadrunner has a 71 block, but all the 6bbl stuff like heavier rods, forged steel crank w/eccentric on the harmonic balancer and the "V" in the vin and body stampings. The only way I could afford a V-Code was probably to find one without the original drivetrain, but that's better for me anyway, because I never intended on keeping it original, and I'm currently putting together a 572 using a Bill Mitchell aluminum block.
I was originally looking for a 68 or 69 Super Bee, then I widened my search to include the 70 Bee, R/T Coronet, and ultimately Roadrunner, 68-70. That's quite a find you have, and welcome to the forum!
:welcome:
20210411_145501.jpg
20210411_145429.jpg

Ozzyozb.......I Know the car well and know the gentleman that originally restored it.....if you want more information let me know I will try to put you in touch with him here in NY ..,...send me a pm
Yes, That would be great! Based on what I've found so far, I'm very sure it's gone through a few hands since he had the work done. Still, I'd love to get any backstory he has on the car's history, Drag Racing or otherwise. Heck, let's face it, it's got Hooker Long Tube Super Comps, plus the CAM flat out won't run at TDC, but seems to be very happy with about 23degrees of advance, and it's purring like an angry kitten now that it's been retuned, and had the valve lash adjusted (oh, and now all 8 spark plugs match (same brand), etc...). Apparently the original hood's been replaced, and I'm guessing the engine threw a Rod at some point in it's career (Orange painted JB Weld spot on the block ..) ...I did mention there were some surprises, but it's not like you could just get a new Cast Iron 426 Block back in the day (oh sure, you can now for a mere 5 grand, ugh). But Still, I'd love to get it's history. Good or Bad. Thanks! I'll P.M. you later, as I gotta run off to church right now. -Cheers

Last edited:
welcome to FBBO from sunny NorCal Sierras

GREAT CAR! Man, when you jump in, you use both feet! The N96 is a great setup, but I think there's more to it than $900, not sure what you are missing, but well worth pursuing completing the setup. I love the 69 Bee with the rear quarter scoops like yours, and I have to say, as much as I love the 69 Roadrunner, if I had an A12, I'd prefer the Super Bee.
My real V-code 70 Roadrunner has a 71 block, but all the 6bbl stuff like heavier rods, forged steel crank w/eccentric on the harmonic balancer and the "V" in the vin and body stampings. The only way I could afford a V-Code was probably to find one without the original drivetrain, but that's better for me anyway, because I never intended on keeping it original, and I'm currently putting together a 572 using a Bill Mitchell aluminum block.
I was originally looking for a 68 or 69 Super Bee, then I widened my search to include the 70 Bee, R/T Coronet, and ultimately Roadrunner, 68-70. That's quite a find you have, and welcome to the forum!
:welcome:View attachment 1232953 View attachment 1232954
That is my FAVORITE YEAR for the Roadrunners! And I LOVE the AIR GRABBER hood scoop on those. You have clearly poured your heart and soul into making that car AMAZING. Congratulations!

Welcome to FBBO from snowy Ontario. Great score on your Hemi SuperBee dream car. I bought a new SuperBee in February, 1969. 383,automatic, 3.91 gears, RamAir, side scoops, and power disc brakes. It was a Sunfire Yellow coupe with black interior and bumblebee stripe. $3650 out the door.
What a GREAT CAR to buy Brand NEW! You must've had an absolute BLAST back in the day, driving that around. -Cheers

Let me know if you are ever in the hood escaping the valley.

Let me know if you are ever in the hood escaping the valley.
I will definitely be in PISMO by spring (our friend lives there, and our kids love the beach). I'll gladly look you up, if you're around then. -Cheers

Auto Transport Service
Back