• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My fridge is leaking water into the freezer and it's not the ice maker, help please!

Speaking of Wolf, Sub-Zero etc...Are they worth the extra dough?
My sister in law - totally ground up,custom home - she's the cooking a lot type person. They went all Viking - she was sorely disappointed. I've heard Thermidor is a good hi end brand - and a fair bit less $$ than the over priced Viking, Wolfe etc. That's what we were putting in our custom build in Idaho before we bailed due to contractor concerns.

Did you blow thru the drain tube underneath while you were there to confirm its open?

The pool of water that was still in the drain pan did go down once I cleared the funnel

There are only 2 companies that make gas controls. Every manufacturer uses one of the 2. Robert Shaw and Honeywell.
I think Sub-Zero has a decent idea, hot on top cold on the bottom. Most are air moves through the bottom cools the condenser and then rises up around the box you are trying to keep cool. Most refrigeration is set up with capillary tube. Liquid freon comes out the capillary tube and pressure drops in evaporator. When it gets cool enough compressor stops, until time to cycle again. Innards of the compressor for a while I believe we're cheapened to a early failure point. I think most have gotten them back up to a decent level, nothing like what they were 40 years ago.
Just my opinions, I have only experience of refrigerators in the 90s only lasting 5 years.

I just dealt with this.. it was frustrating as I shut off the water to the ice maker and it still leaked a week later making a giant tray of ice at the bottom under last drawer.. Googled it and got a wire pushed some junk through the drain tube and now it goes into the tray and dissipates like it should… Thought I was gonna have to buy a new fridge!

Auto Transport Service
Back