• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My hemi car is for sale

Good luck with selling the Coronet. Can I suggest at least placing the worsd "hemi" and "426" in your heading? I just thought those might get it more eyeballs.

Good luck with selling the Coronet. Can I suggest at least placing the worsd "hemi" and "426" in your heading? I just thought those might get it more eyeballs.

Thanks for everyones support.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ebay has changed some of their posting format. The first thing you see in the posted title now is the model which is "Coronet" and it only allows you to add 12 characters including spaces. It also won't let you revise that section after bids come in. When you build your ad this is actually shown as "subtitle" but it is actually the first thing you see when you look at the ads under Dodge Coronets.

Then what they call the "title" is what shows up under the model or subtitle. This is the highlighted area that you click on to take you to the auction. This is also limited in the number of characters you can use. The way I have it listed in this title is " 1 of 11 Hemi Coronet 2 door sedans--4 SPEED!!!" which I think is the best eye catcher for what it is. No room for 426.

I just had a look. Kinda disappointing where it stopped.

Yeah, I'll say!

I really didn't expect it to sell there and was just looking for exposure.

But here is the interesting thing. There were over 150 people that had it on their watch list, but I only had 4 people that emailed with any questions and only one phone call.

Apparently all the people watching were just curious. Maybe the limited amount of questions was because I wrote such a detailed description.

I see MANY people that say that a car like this would be their utimate Mopar dream, a 2 door post, Hemi, 4 speed, no options. But I think when it comes right down to it, they start to think about street driving it and then decide that they want options.

Regardless, it will take a LOT more than the high bid on that auction to pry this car away from me. You could not begin to build a CLONE for anywhere near that kind of money.

I thought that I may get some out of state people in for the Scottsdale auctions that would take the time to come look at the car. Apparently they never saw the auction or didn't want to take the time.

I may rerun it in a couple of weeks.

The thing that I find shocking is when a car like a 67 Nova L79 (327/350h.p.) car could sell at B-J for $85K., where are the buyers for a REAL hipo factory car like mine are?

But here is the interesting thing. There were over 150 people that had it on their watch list, but I only had 4 people that emailed with any questions and only one phone call.
I was one of the 150. ;)
Wanna see the end price...

now do u get only a 90% feedback rating?

Do you mean HOW did I get only a 90%?

A while back Ebay did something that I don't know the details on that reconfigured every members feedback rating and dropped them. In addition to that I sold a Dana rear end that was installed in a running B body I owned that did not have a pinion snubber. It had a good description as to what it was in and the fact that it did NOT have the snubber provision, which is the determining factor in value differences of these rear ends. AFTER the sale and when the buyer had taken position of the rear end, he starts complaining about the rear end not being a B body rear. I reconfirmed that I never stated it was a B body unit but in fact was installed in my B body and worked without incident, ran 295 tires, and that it fit the car just fine and that it was also spelled out that it did NOT have a snubber provision. To me it was simply a situation where he was trying to negotiate the price AFTER the sale and shipping had taken place. He asked no questions prior to bidding or the close of the auction. He left negative feedback.

Then I sold a set of used headers. pictured them, described them as recently being removed from a running car with no leaks or problems. Again, after delivery to the buyer he claimed that they had a welded patch on them. I never saw it, and it certainly was not in the pictures so I don't know if the guy was right or wrong. I told him regardless if it did or did not, that headers by there very construction are welded togather metal and that 99% of the time they needed to be modified for installation. They were a set of used Headman headers for God sake, I don't know what gave the guy the idea that they were going to be "new in a box."

One of the new problems with Ebay today is that the seller is no longer able to contribute feedback for buyers. This give the buy the opportunity to try these nogtiating tactics AFTER they take delivery of the goods and holding feedback ratings hostage in these cases. he left negative feedback.

Up until that time of the changes by Ebay and the two incidents listed above my feedback rating was 98+% and the only reason it wasn't 100% was because of some retalitory negative feed back left after I posted negative regarding some things I bought. The whole system is scewed in many ways.

now do u get only a 90% feedback rating?

Ebay has changed the rating to reflect only the trasactions that have occured in the last 12 months. So your 430 becomes something like 21 and the 3 neg. you recieved count that much more. Ebay feels that a more recent history better depicts what type of Ebayer a person is. They assume the longer a person uses Ebay the better they become, so some of the silly mistakes we make as newbies aren't so longlastiing
KID

Auto Transport Service
Back