• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Indy Show purchase

wedge5

Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
I am NSS legal now. Last year my A&A trans and this year the intake. Damn show makes me spend the money, just to many shiney things to buy. Who has the air bells for sale?
009-6.jpg

If you want to go .15-.2 faster I have these for sale. Intake stuffers from Indy. Easy bolt in a go faster.

Attachments

• INDY EPOXY INSERTS 008.JPG
    INDY EPOXY INSERTS 008.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 383
  • INDY EPOXY INSERTS 010.JPG
    INDY EPOXY INSERTS 010.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 405
  • INDY EPOXY INSERTS 009.JPG
    INDY EPOXY INSERTS 009.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 396
SSR, I have seen those before. I just read an article in a Mopar Muscle Magazine. They Dynoed them with and without. It only netted them 1.5hp. You said you have them for sale but no price?

I can't decide if I should use air cleaners or just air bells. What are other guys using for either?

SSR, I have seen those before. I just read an article in a Mopar Muscle Magazine. They Dynoed them with and without. It only netted them 1.5hp. You said you have them for sale but no price?

I can't decide if I should use air cleaners or just air bells. What are other guys using for either?

I went from 10.27 to 10.03 with them. My best was 9.96 they are in my 500 ci maxwedge savoy. i had them in my 588 but decided to just go w/o them in my new bullet right now but might try them during the season. that is if i dont get in the 8's

I knew you would give me real world numbers! You never did give me a price?

I am going to test the intake to see if I can run 10.50 (NSS/B) but they may make a good addition so when it gets hot out and the times slow down I can insert then and run the same.

You'd be better to leave them in all the time and add weight in the fall and spring when your times are faster.
once you go fast you wont want to slow down,just go faster.
its addicting.

nice!!

and about the stuffers, dont bother with them we did back to back testing with them at Norwalk two years ago and saw no improvements. waste of 125 bucks.

another guy bought a set at the same time and he said they might have pick up a couple hundredths and 1 mph...

Casey

I need to see where I am at with the intake before I start tweaking things. I didn't plan on going slower SRR. I was going to insert them so I could stay at 10.50 when it got hot out. So technically I would be going faster.

I saw that a bunch of guys are using some kind of pop off valve with this style intake. Said it was used to protect the intake/carbs in case of a back fire. Does anyone know anything about this set up?

I saw that a bunch of guys are using some kind of pop off valve with this style intake. Said it was used to protect the intake/carbs in case of a back fire. Does anyone know anything about this set up?

They are a safety precaution for guys that don't know how to tune their carbs.
I have 2 of them on my cars and never blew off a top before just depress the gas pedal a touch while cranking. You'll be fine and don't pump the crap out of your carbs to fire it up. You dont want to pool the fuel inside the large plenum.

OK, lets just say I am one of the idiots that cant tune a carb. Where would I get a pop off valve(just in case) and how hard would it be to install. This intake set up is pricey(to me) and don't want to screw it up. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks Casey. I couldn't see the name on the valve from your pic. I have been searching everywhere for them. Kind of hard when you don't know the true name of the part. Heck I was searching under pop off valve. Do I need one or two. I am guessing one will do but thought I would ask just in case. Also does it need to be centered or can it be on either side of the INDY logo.

OK, lets just say I am one of the idiots that cant tune a carb. Where would I get a pop off valve(just in case) and how hard would it be to install. This intake set up is pricey(to me) and don't want to screw it up. Better safe than sorry.

YOU said it, not me!lol
Whats so hard about 1 or 2 pumps before starting the car cold and then crank.
just dont pump the crap out of your carbs and you'll be fine.
waste of money imo.

i've never had a backfire. As long as your throttle blades are cracked open a hair, you wont get an explosion.:violent4:

Nitrous express sells them as well they cost around $45 bucks. I installed the last one between the carbs in the top half of manifold. As far as not knowing how to tune or holding the throttle blades open "WHATEVER" I forgot you know it all. The reason this manifold has problems with violent backfires is that the fuel tends to puddle in the long almost flat runners. Aggressive overlap in big roller cams also add to the chance of intake backfire. It only takes drilling a 1" hole and (4) 3/16" holes for mounting bolts. I saw a fellow NSS racer blow his carbs into pieces along with a nice size under hood fire on the starting line during an NMCA event a couple of years ago. He was one of those that said the valves were not necessary...Guess what he has one now. Even when Mr. Duell tested the prototype made of sheet metal for Indy cylinder head it blew the top off due to a backfire.
Very cheap insurance I think.

Attachments

• monster2010D6.jpg
    monster2010D6.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 249
I am sold. I have a bad habit of flooding the car or giving it to much gas on start up when it is cold out. I have had a few back fires in my lifetime. Man I am glad I posted this thread. If it never happens then great but I have a feeling I WILL USE IT MORE THAN ONCE.
I looked on the Nitrous Express website but never found it. I found it on the Nitrous Pro Flow site for $72.00 so hopefully I find it alittle cheaper if not what is another $75 to protect my thousands of dollar investment.

SSR: You keep telling me you have those intake stuffers for sale but still have not given me a price on them. So how bout it. PRICE ?

Auto Transport Service
Back