• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Monster Mopar Weekend

bobtile

Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
I started out a couple weeks ago by installing new rear shocks and springs. I also moved weight around with the 4 link bars. The weather has been terrible here so I had no time to test.
Wednesday night Island Dragway had a special event with some street outlaw guy so I signed up for a tnt.
It was only 1/8 mile but I only wanted to make sure the car went straight. It did, so I was happy. Made 2 passes and loaded the car up. I was leaving for Ohio at 4 am the next morning.
Got out there Thursday afternoon and got situated.
Friday we got 2 time shots. There was a gamblers race that evening but I passed on that this year.
1st shot the car ran good. 9.68@ 138.88.
I felt a little shimmy at the top end but nothing bad.
After about 3 hours, they called us for another timeshot. I went up to the staging lanes and noticed the left rear was low on air. Drove back to the pits, took off the tire and checked for leaks. Couldn't find anything.
Aired back up and went back to the lanes.
Just before I ran, checked air again and was low 1/2 lb. I took 1/2 LB. out of other side and made my pass. At about 1000 ft. the car shook violently. My header panel popped off, 1 battery loosened and slightly turned and the ignition light on my switch panel that never worked lit up.
Car went 9.89 @ 115. So no 1/4 mile data there.
Back in the pits, tire showed 2 lbs. down.

There's a tire shop on the property so I took it there.
Pulled the tube and aired it up and found a hole. We looked at the tire to find the hole in that and thought we had it.
Put the tire on with no tube and it wasn't leaking.
I brought the other tire over and took the tube out of that one too.
Filled them up and let them sit.
After an hour I checked pressure and the tire was down 6 lbs.
Saturday morning it was raining so we had some time.
Sprayed the tire again and found an old nail hole.
Back to the tire shop and he patched it.
Got everything back together and waited for the rain to stop.
Because of the delay, we had no timeshot Saturday morning.
The air was a lot worse.
Went up for first round with a 9.80 dial but couldn't run the number.
Went 9.87 but the guy I raced also was .07 off his dial.
But he had an .017 light to my .034.
Out in first round.
Sunday was no better. No timeshot because of overnight rain so right to eliminations.
Same result...
Out in first round.
It's a great time. I'll be out there again next year hopefully with better results.
I'm now pulling my trans and swapping out my converter.
My 60ft. time need help.

20210714_215850.jpg Screenshot_20210726-201146_Video Player.jpg

If using manual steering, the setting do not have enough caster and when the front gets light it will shake. Manual steering setting helps turn wheels when going slow.

Take a pic going through the lights of how much the front is lifting, then lift front end that amount and do alignment with power steering setting with more caster.

Had 68 charger with manual steering that would do this at high speed. F'n scary.

If using manual steering, the setting do not have enough caster and when the front gets light it will shake. Manual steering setting helps turn wheels when going slow.

Take a pic going through the lights of how much the front is lifting, then lift front end that amount and do alignment with power steering setting with more caster.

Had 68 charger with manual steering that would do this at high speed. F'n scary.
The alignment is fine.
I aligned with the front end up 2 ".
The tube in the slick went flat but the tire itself held air. The tube was flapping around inside the slick

First of all Bobs home paint job looks great. No time trials was tough. Saturday we were fine. We missed the dial on one of our cars Sunday morning by .07. Video of the leave looks pretty good in my opinion.
Doug

First of all Bobs home paint job looks great. No time trials was tough. Saturday we were fine. We missed the dial on one of our cars Sunday morning by .07. Video of the leave looks pretty good in my opinion.
Doug
Thank you Doug

Thanks for the update Bob

car looks good :thumbsup:
9.68 @ 138 not bad

slick issues like that suck, consume time too

better luck next time

Auto Transport Service
Back